Chapter 17: Abnormal Me

Jeff's POV:

I already knew just from the look in her eyes that her sanity would fail her. The look of hatred towards the ones that looked down upon you. I've seen it and bared it - just like everyone else that I know.

With a sigh I walked into my room, by the corner of my eye I noticed her sitting on the window seal letting the wind brush back her blood red hair. Once she noticed me she turned to me and smiled, the one thing that'll ever make me feel different than the usual anger. Something more then the pain and hate.. something I felt I wasn't capable of understanding.

My heart began beating at an abnormal rate and it felt like I couldn't speak right - and lemme tell you I loathed the fucking feeling.

"Jeff, your staring." she noted still gazing out the window.

I quickly looked away from her and to the mirror that was next to the dresser.

'WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE!' I mentally thought.

My hands shot up to my face which was as red as a rose would be. Was I sick? No way that's impossible, I don't get sick.. Plus, I have this nauseous feeling in my stomach every time I look at her and it makes me want to rip apart someone's body right now.

"Jeff, are you doing alright?" She asked as she slid off the window seal and walked towards me.

"What - yeah, totally fine - completely peachy, okay as fuck." I fumbled with my words, this was not happening to me no, no, no.

She walked insanely close up to me and touched my face tracing the old scar that had been cut into my face when I was younger. My heart began to speed up again at the close proximity and I knew I had to get out of that room.

...It's doing stuff that I don't like..

Ruby's POV:

Before I could mention anything about his scar, he pushed my hands away and walked out of the room. I knew that it was probably wrong to ask anyways, I can't just ask about his life like that... it would be wrong especially since I know nothing of him; other then he's a crazy son of a bitch, who kills people and enjoys it.

"Yeah totally my friend." I scoffed.

My mind brought me back to his face as he blushed, holy crap Jeff the mother fucking Killer blushed at a girl. This is something I need an award for. Unless he was just sick and I didn't know it.. yeah I'm not that dense - like Jeff..

I wonder if Jeff even knows what love is? I mean all his life it was bloodshed, hate, and anger; does he even have peace with himself?

"Well that's a dumb question Ruby, he finds peace in his killings." I corrected myself aloud.

Ugh then why didn't he kill me?! Why am I even saying it like I wanted to be killed by him?! Yes, this just proves that his insane-ness was rubbing off on me.

"Thanks bud." I thanked pretty much nobody.

He found peace in his killings though... what is peaceful about it? Is it for his own sick satisfaction or is he just gone so deep that a voice tells him to? For whatever the reason, I seriously doubt it's justified.

"Not that I'm one to talk." I say with a sigh.

"Wow Ruby, wanna tell me who your imaginary friend is?" I heard a voice muffled by something.

I looked up to see eyes consumed by a gooey blue substance, a blue mask and causal blue hoodie and navy blue loose jeans.

"EJ?!" I shrieked.

"In the flesh." he answered monotonously.

"Right.."

"So your gonna answer my question or..?"

"Oh just debating with someone."

"And that is?

"This little guy in my head. Don't worry about it, he just likes thinking he's right."

"Wait. Say that again Ruby. What the fuck did you just say Ruby? Are you fucking crazy Ruby?"

"Yes I fucking am!" I shouted.

I swear if he wasn't wearing that mask he would be smirking his ass off right now.

"Right, well I'll just leave you with your friend." He leaned off the door frame and walked out.

I stood frigidly as I rethought over the whole conversation.

"Did I just say I was talking to a voice? A non-existent voice?"

"Yes Ruby, you most certainly did." Jeff answered for me.

I twirled on my heel to see him walking into his room and slamming the door behind him.

"Okay grouchy, is slamming doors a daily thing that I should be aware of?"

"Screw you." he muttered into his pillow.

"You wish." I scoffed and his face heated up uncontrollably.

"Hey your blushing." I noted with a laugh.

He growled into his pillow and buried his face into it like he was suffocating himself - if he could even do that..