Roasting for the first time

Blaze got up and stretched out his hand, Jessica also got up with his support and tied her sandals back. She picked up her purse while Blaze picked up the empty bowl and suddenly stretched out his hand in front of her again without saying anything.

Jessica who was just about to move looked at the hand and then his blushing face, she smiled helplessly and grabbed his hand and started walking. She remembered her way clearly so it was easy for her to lead the way, Blaze was looking at his hand in her hand feeling smitten, he smiled and suddenly turned the simple hand grab into an intimate one by intertwining his fingers with her.

Jessica suddenly blushed because now her hand was fully occupied with his big hand, she could feel the warmth transferring from his hand to her body. If she wanted she could easily withdraw her hand but she didn't even try once. Blaze who was expecting a withdrawal was surprised when he saw her holding his hand, he became excited and tightened his grip.

"Jessica do you want to eat fish? you were looking at it intently" he suddenly said to kill the awkward silence between them, "No, it's just that it's been so long I've seen living fishes this close, and surprisingly they weren't afraid of me!" she replied while showing a surprised expression in the end.

"You're so beautiful, how can they avoid approaching such a beautiful existence" he replied smilingly,

Jessica started laughing at his exaggerated statement and said "Oh please, you don't have to exaggerate it like this".

Seeing her laughing brightly he smiled but didn't say anything, he continued the conversation by changing the topic to the plants nearby, and soon they came back to the lawn because the river was not far away from their cave. When Jessica looked forward she saw the familiar figure with black clothes standing against the cave entrance looking at them with his hands folded in front of his chest.

When Levi saw two of them coming out of the forest he smiled but his expression froze the next second when he noticed their hands intertwined with each other, he suddenly felt uneasy and clenched his fist. It was the first time he felt the urge to eliminate any person besides Jessica, no matter whether it was his own brother. His golden eyes started turning into vertical slits like that of a feral beast and were ready to attack Blaze but he froze the next second when he heard his name in a sweet voice and his eyes turned back to normal round pupils.

Jessica smiled when she saw Levi waiting for them, he was looking like a model sculpture in the beautiful scenery. He got a cold charm completely different from Blaze or Ell's sunny nature which somehow attracted her. When she noticed him looking at her hand, she retracted her hand from Blaze's and said "Good morning Levi" with a smile.

Blaze became sad from her sudden action but he didn't try to stop her because he noticed the killing intent in Levi's eyes.

When Levi saw Jessica's actions he smiled and came in front of her with a swish movement, he grabbed her one hand and said "Good morning, but aren't you awake too early?" while walking.

"It's an old habit" she replied while looking at her hand in his hand with a warm feeling in her heart. Levi nodded to her reply and walked her to the cave, he said "please wait, I'll bring the meat" then he went inside the cave while Blaze who was standing beside her also turned around and went to collect wood.

She also went into the cave to place her bag in the room she saw Levi arranging some fur skins in the cave hall. After placing her bag she came beside him and looked at the pile of animal fur with astonishment, they all were of different colors and textures.

When Levi saw her reaction he smiled and said " I've brought these today for you because the temperature can drop anytime here, hope you like it", hearing her sudden words Jessica smiled and nodded her head. She felt overwhelmed by their thoughtfulness so she thanked him and helped him arrange the skins. He looked at her actions with a smile and soon they both together folded nearly fifteen big hides, then he carefully lifted the big meat chunks wrapped in big leaves and came outside the cave with her.

Blaze already started the fire and when he saw them coming outside he took the meat from Levi's hand and started to roast it. Before Jessica could sit down Levi spread an animal fur on the ground for her, his conduct made her smile and she sat down right beside him. When she noticed Blaze directly roasting a meat chunk a size of a football she giggled and asked " Have you ever roasted meat before?".

Blaze who was laughed at became embarrassed and he shook his head, she continued after his response "Let me try then" and extended her hand in front of him. Blaze hesitated but when he noticed Levi's approving gesture he handed over the meat to her.

Jessica asked him to cut the meat into small pieces then she carefully skewered them on the flame, while roasting she was feeling very proud of her knowledge because of which she was able to roast meat even without any experience but her misconception got cleared the next second when she smelled the burning.

She frowned and saw that the meat started to burn because she placed it very close to the flame, she suddenly became embarrassed because of her earlier actions. She was about to put down the burned piece when Levi said " Can I try it?", she looked at his expectant face and said apologetically "It's also my first time roasting so it got burned".

" Can I try it?" he again repeated his question softly.

" At your own risk," she said while giving him the half-burned piece because she couldn't deny his request after seeing him in the eyes.

Levi happily took the meat and started eating it happily, Blaze who was sitting next to them made a disappointed face and said in a complaining tone "Jessica that's not fair, you gave him the meat you cooked yourself but didn't even ask me".

Jessica made an irksome face after listening to his complaint in a childish tone, she sighed and gave him the meat after roasting which was raw from the inside. She wanted to stop him but it was quite late because he ate the pieces in a couple of bites, she thought 'He is a tiger and he may be used to eating raw meat so this much possibly won't harm him' and again started roasting.

After a couple of unsuccessful barbecues which ended up in the stomachs of the guys beside her she successfully roasted the perfect meat piece, after looking at the result she felt so proud that she smiled. She passed the barbecue to Levi but he refused by saying "You should eat first, you've been cooking for so long", "He is right Jessica, you haven't eaten anything yet" said Blaze supporting him.

Jessica nodded and started to eat, after several bites she halted and asked "Do you guys have salt?". "You want salt? We don't have salt with us but I will go and bring it immediately" replied Levi while getting up. She grabbed his hand and asked "Where are you going right now?" in confusion, he looked at his hand and said with a smile "You need salt right? we males don't usually need that but now you are with us, we should prepare everything".

After listening to his explanation Jessica felt smitten, she suddenly pulled him with force due to which the unguarded Levi sat down with a thump onto the ground beside her. She said " You can go later, it's not like I'm dying without salt" and started eating the barbecue.

Levi blushed because of her sudden action, he looked at her face that was glowing under the morning light her long black eyelashes covering her beautiful purple eyes while she was nibbling on the meat with her small mouth, her long black hairs were covering her exposed shoulders making her look more appealing. He gulped while looking at her, Blaze who was being ignored felt uneasy but he didn't utter a single word and just kept on looking at her.