Consolation

"You don't like it here?" suddenly asked Levi withdrawing her attention toward him,
"huh?" Jessica turned to look at him with a confused face. 
Levi continued "It might be hard. If I was in your situation it might be hard for me too and maybe I won't be able to stay calm as you" when he saw that Jessica was listening to his words he continued "-But, from what I understand, everything happens for a cause. We may not be able to understand it now but Lord beast God always decides the best for us. I know that your lifestyle is completely different from ours but I promise that we will try our best to make your life comfortable here. We may not be up to the mark right now because it's also our first time that we got to take care of a female but we promise to improve ourselves, so -" he gently took her hand and said, "please give us this honor by staying with us".
Jessica was dumbfounded for a second but after the thought processing she smiled, she said with a chuckle "Are you trying to console me?".
Looking at her smiling face Levi felt very relieved, earlier he was slightly scared that what if she refuses to stay with them? what if she tries to run away? or what if Lord Beast God sends her back because she isn't happy?
Finally, his worries disappeared when he saw her smiling. To her question, he replied in a flirtatious tone "Of course, I was trying to console you, since I made you smile so why don't you reward me?",
"what do you want as your reward?" she replied in the same teasing tone.
Levi looked into her eyes and said "Give me a pat on the head".
'huh' Jessica was surprised and shocked by his request, she was still thinking whether she have heard it wrong?
When Levi saw her expression he felt sad, he slowly released her hands and turned again to look forward with his eyes filled with self-contempt. He slowly started mumbling " It's just that you have patted Blaz-" he suddenly halted and his eyes widened as he felt the soft touch on his head.
Jessica was chuckling while rubbing him on his head, she said "That was such an easy request, it's just that I thought that maybe you don't like being patted".
Instead of replying Levi smiled shyly and slowly shifted toward her to make it easy for her to pat him.

Jessica was feeling very comfortable after listening to his words, she knew that things can't be undone but she was still unable to stop the thoughts that were coming into her mind. When she saw the efforts Levi was putting into his words she literally felt very touched, she knew that they don't have any compulsion for taking care of her but still they were treating her with utmost care. Their lifestyle and world were completely different from hers but they still tried to learn about her so why can't she? with this Jessica got rid of the last negative thought.
She looked at Levi's smiling face and thanked him, she slowly leaned her head on his shoulder and told him about her thoughts while looking at the unusual sunset which again started looking beautiful.
When Levi saw her trusting and leaning on him he felt loved deep inside, he patiently listened to her words about how she was worried about her mother.
He slowly took her hand and said " She is not alone, so don't worry about it this much. I may not be able to completely understand your thoughts because we males are not very close to our mothers but from your words, I can tell that she cares for you the most, so you should stay happy so that she can be relieved too".
Jessica was shocked, she didn't expect to hear such meaningful words in the wilderness from someone whose first impression was that of a silent guy but she still expressed her thanks to him because he was indeed quite good at consoling.
In return, Levi suddenly asked her a question "If you don't mind then can you tell me about your father?", since last night this question has been bothering him but he was still ready for her to refuse his request but to his surprise, she answered.
Jessica knew there is nothing to hide and especially if it was Levi so she replied " I don't know whether he is alive or dead as I don't even care because that person left my mother when she was pregnant with me. It wasn't easy for her to be a single mother but what I hated the most was that she still loved him. I can't change her feelings but mine changed a lot and for me he is dead".
Levi seriously pondered after listening to the words, he asked "Then, do you hate males?" with slight nervousness.
"I used to when I was small but as we grow we got to know different aspects of life and we change" she replied in vague words but Levi interpreted it as ' I used to hate males but not anymore ' which brought an unconscious smile on his face.
When Jessica saw him smiling she complimented him by saying "You look very beautiful when you smile" which made Levi blush quite hard and made him hide his face with his hands because of embarrassment.
Looking at the shy adorable guy in her front, Jessica suddenly asked "Levi....What is your beast form? I've seen Ell's and Blaze's Beast form but not yours, so..." she looked at him with expectant eyes. But she didn't know that because of her words Levi was getting cold sweats, he remained silent for a while but when he didn't hear any other words from her he stealthily glanced at her.
He saw that she was still looking at him with gleaming eyes, so he removed his hands from his face and took a deep breath.
He looked at her beautiful face and asked "Are you afraid of cold-blooded beasts?".
On his question, Jessica replied after some pondering  " Lizards and frogs are my only biggest fears ".
On her statement, Levi took a relieving breath but he was still quite nervous so he gently grabbed her shoulders making her look at him. As Jessica looked into his beautiful eyes she noticed the transition of his round pupils into verticals.
Suddenly he started getting covered in black lights and with a sudden flash, the beautiful handsome man turned into a gigantic black Python with shiny golden feral eyes.
His sudden transformation shocked Jessica, for a second she got scared by the snake in her front but when she looked into those feral eyes which were looking at her silently she recalled that he is Levi and he can understand her words.
She hesitantly lifted her hand and slowly touched his snakehead while asking " Levi....you can hear me? right".
Levi slowly bent down in front of her and hissed but then he realized that Jessica couldn't understand his language so he nodded his head.
His answer to her question made Jessica relieved, now her last bit of worry disappeared giving her confidence so she started looking at his body. She noticed that he was having very beautiful shiny black scales with some golden scattered stripes looking like embellishments on him. He was having nearly a twenty meters long body which he coiled around her while making sure not to scare her by maintaining a proper distance.
When Jessica was looking at his body with amazement Levi slowly approached her and licked her cheek with his forked tongue which suddenly made her shiver.
"Levi!" she shouted out his name in surprise while covering her cheek as her face turned red. She saw Levi looking at him with gleaming eyes as if waiting for praise, then she recalled the scene from last night when Blaze licked her face, and she patted him.

She smiled and caressed Levi's head, suddenly with a flash he turned into his half-human and half-snake form. He grabbed her hand on his face and looked at her with infatuated eyes, Jessica realized that his body temperature has decreased which surprised her, she was about to ask when Levi said in his Husky voice" I'm a cold-blooded snake and this is the real body temperature we usually have" when he saw Jessica's understanding expression he continued "Do you hate me now?".