Chapter 1- That Night

Ayra Starr- Rush

The night was already in a turmoil as the cops kept questioning both house mistresses and conscious victims. Faye had a nosebleed and Veronica had to be driven to the school clinic for treatment. Heather had to be transferred to the general hospital for stitches, fortunately it was a flesh wound but it hurt like hell.

Healenore begun to cough up blood upon gaining consciousness and the paramedics insisted Ashanti and Ciarra be on oxygen for at least an hour before running tests on them.

The two house mistresses were beyond petrified. They couldn't really decipher what had gone wrong and they were at a loss for words as the questions flowed. Mrs Asare couldn't sleep that entire night, her eyes were opened the entire night as she tried to connect the dots. Ms Bella pulled Praise aside, she had promised to keep her session with Praise confidential but now her car had been found on the crime scene and this was asking more questions. The police wanted to know who owned the car Velar used in transporting her victims.

" I thought I told you to tell your parents about everything so they help you return the car to the man!"

" I was scared, I haven't done that. I'm sorry." Praise apologizes.

" But Praise, you can't keep it here. You'll be graduating soon, what do you plan to do with it?" Ms Bella asked.

" I don't know, I really don't know."

" And it looks like this is not the first time it has been moved. You've been driving it around?"

" No, the girls have. Some of them are still going out of campus." Praise discloses.

" And you are aiding them by keeping a car for them. I know you know what the right thing is, so please do it because the next time I am asked who that car belongs to, I will not be covering up for you."

" Yes Ms Bella." Praise answered.

" Now go to bed."

The dorms were all as alive as daytime. Most people because of their seemingly unforgettable experience at Ignite, and for the others because they had been filled with trepidation from the happenings of the night.

Dorm 1 Sey for the first time was almost empty as most of their freshmen had been detained at the school's clinic. They could count at least fifteen empty beds including Velar's. The rest just couldn't sleep. At 2am Kelinam got up.

" Guys, I think we should check up on them." She says.

" But no one is allowed out of the house after everything." Candace reminds her.

As if on cue, Anita walked into the room.

" Relax, we really messed up guys and we're all going to be in big trouble after today." She announced.

" Where are all the freshmen?"

Joy scoffed, " Haven't you heard? Efua's an undercover detective."

" Right, other than that, Heather is in the hospital for some sort of surgery, Ashanti and Ciarra are being detained, more tests are being run on Sarah, Veronica and Mae. Faye's father ordered them to send her home right away. Healenore is on oxygen again. Kweiba is being questioned. It's horrible out there."

" What exactly was in the cave?" Sabina asked.

" Turns out Velar has been holding some girls hostage and has been using them as lab rats running tests on them. They found test tubes, syringes and sample bags at the crime scene. She wasn't working alone." Anita says in a frustrated voice.

" What?!" They all exclaimed.

" Yeah, Regina, Ruth, Genevieve and Hafiz were included."

" Genevieve?" Zak wondered.