Chapter 15- A year long party

Sami Rose- In the stars.

The last day of the year was a hectic one for Kobby Johnson as he prepared his father's lake house for his party later that night.

He had his father's newest automobile which he had also contributed immensely in developing on display on a glass ramp. It's white waxed exterior glistened in the sun's glow. He had been granted permission and funding for this party because it wasn't just any of his epic Year long parties, this was the first party where investors and some important personalities would be attending to celebrate his greatest achievement-

Contributing in the designing of his own sports car in his father's company.

His father had suggested a ballroom event but he insisted he'd like to celebrate with his peers instead. He had his father's famous Stallion V18 race cars also available, his father's sports coach was present, two paramedics were also present, there was a contribution of drinks and food from his sponsors.

Majority of the guests invited were literally all girls, mostly girls from his alma mater, girls from Nelson's, female acquaintances and more girls he had met over the years. Samed contributed a lot too, financially. Anel offered to be the DJ for the night and a couple of the second years from Nelson offered to help out wherever needed.

Egypt was the photographer for the night with his Canon around his neck as he took shots at incoming guests.

After all the cleanup and preparation, Kobby went in for a quick shower and change of clothes before welcoming people by dusk. The activities were many, by the time he came out, people were already out at the pool table or playing poker or solitaire, others were going for a swim in the lake, some were out dancing, others chitchatting with each other, the photo booth was busy, the barbecue grills were surrounded. Generally everyone was having a great time but him.

" Hey Kobby." Cecilia greeted excitedly with a red cup in hand.

Kobby noticed she was with her usual group of girls, he recognized them from the bookclub his father made him join in junior high.

" Hey everyone, having a good time?" He asked forcing a genuine smile.

" Of course we are, but it doesn't seem like you are enjoying your own party." Cecilia observes giving him a well-deserved hug and Kobby sighed as she let go.

" What can I say, I'm waiting for a spark to light up my night." He says and a familiar feminine voice continues from behind him,

" You want to light things up?"

Kobby turned and was taken back by the stunning beauty infront of him. She was in the dress code. White ankle straps, cute white shorts and a pretty off-shoulder top and silver hoop earrings. It was amazing how she pulled off the simple look in an attractive way. The only difference was that she had longer hair tonight.

" Leila what are you doing here?" He wonders because he hadn't invited her.

" I got a late invite but I came anyways." She states in a flirtatious tone and Kobby looked around nervously for an outlet.

" Do you know her?" Cecilia asked.

" Oh ummm, umm."

" That's none of my business anyway. We're going to get some more juice, care for any?" Cecilia asked him.

" No thank you." Kobby declines still looking for a way to get away from Leila but not in a rude way.

" Do you not want me here?" Leila asked him noticing his repeated glances.

" Oh no, no. It's not that, it's just- Yo Dude! Jerome wants to race you, come put him to shame." Samed hollers at him mid sentence and he immediately nodded.