Chapter 13- Cooperate

Abochi- Bestie

Zaron decided to visit Ashanti.

Standing in front of the barred automatic gates of Ashanti's house, he sighs and taps on the doorbell. A device above the doorbell flashes red and the smaller gate slid open for him. From the gates he could see Ashanti from afar  in a lounge chair next to the pool under a fancy umbrella. You'd think she was just chilling but she had a book and her laptop on a coffee table next to the chair and she wasn't reclining, she was concentrated on what she was doing. The chair, table and umbrella were the same color, black.

The security guard he met the other day walks out of his post, " She seems rather busy today son."

Ashanti immediately holds up her hand indicating she was ok with his presence and Mr Adam nods in acknowledgement, stepping aside. He walks up to Ashanti who was in glasses for the first time since he met her and man the lens was not your usual lens, you could even tell from just looking. She still looked so beautiful in the sunlight with her hair in a messy bun.

" Wow...you look pretty b..b..busy." He comments.

" My grandma loves to ruin my fun by tossing impromptu assignments at me." She says without looking up.

" L..looking great princess." That did get her attention and she looked up grinning.

" You don't look so bad yourself." He suddenly becomes conscious of his looks. He was in a green and white horizontally stripped Lacoste over khaki shorts and adidas slides, " I must look so weird, I just prefer not to be in contacts at home and that means I have to use these horrid glasses."

" Thanks f..f..for the c.. compliment, So what are you working on?" Zaron asked sitting on a lounge chair opposite her.

" Cooperate stuff for my Dad's company. I need to be at a meeting at 2pm and I'm really grateful you're here, please come along with me. It's just in Cantonments." Ashanti pleads with an apologetic look.

" W.. what? Why me, and I'm not sure your ch...chau..ffeur will be okay with that."

" It's Donald's day off so I'm driving. Also Bruno is with Kobby for bonding time today."

" You're only fifteen." Zaron reminds her.

" It's a family tradition, Goodmans learn to drive before legal age, for security reasons and it's also kind of a test. Don't worry, the cops won't be stopping us, I'm using the car with the priority number plate so we won't ever be stopped, unless we break the rule, which I am not going to." She informs him while scribbling something down, " You're not scared are you?"

" Yes, I mean...I trust y..yo..you b..b..but what if - We won't go to jail Zaron." Ashanti cut him off like he was some whining little boy, " A little adventure won't hurt though, right?"

" I guess." He shrugged.

" Now you're talking! I'm going inside to change, kindly feed these bread crumbs to Russy while I'm gone." Ashanti showed him the ziplock bag before organizing her stuff and rushing back inside.

Zaron picked it up and walked towards the open pond and saw all the fishes swimming so excitedly, he tossed crumbs in and they all swarmed to the point of concentration but he noticed Russy was nowhere to be found. He later spotted him in the clear waters perched in a corner. Zaron moved towards that side and dropped off his share which he gobbled. Zaron knelt down to observe him properly.

" How have you been doing lii.. little guy?" He asked with a smile and Russell being a weirdly shy fish swam away.

Zarons cellphone chimes and he unlocked the screen to check it out. It was from their group chat, Egypt was explaining how Ciarra's mom found them out and everyone was making fun of him. Halfway through the chain of messages he looked up and a few seconds later Ashanti stepped out looking so sharp.