Chapter 20- Young Talent.

Cina Soul- Jorley

Recess was pretty bland without everyone present. Michael was there and so was Nesrina but it still didn't feel the same especially with Faye and Veronica still grieving over the loss of their loved ones, they weren't their usual cheerful selves. Efua wasn't around to start up a random conversation either ,so they all just ate in silence.

Ciarra walked to the quad for the first time without contacts and everyone was staring even those trying really hard not to.

Kobby met her halfway to her table,
" Ms Alice wants me on the cycling team and coach needs me on the basketball court. I love both so which should I choose?"

" Why are you asking me?" She asked and he shot her an obvious grin so she was forced to answer, " I think you should weigh both out and choose the one that will least affect your studies."

" Good point." He says jogging off.

" Kobby wait!" She called him back and he walked closer.

" Don't you notice anything different about me?" She asked and he stared at her briefly before shaking his head.

" I'm not using my contacts." She reminds him and he suddenly noticed.

" Oh." He gasped and quickly recovered, " Oh right, that's why you look so pretty in the sunlight."

" You're so weird." Ciarra shook her head in dismay and walked away blushing in the process at his last comment.

Zuriah passed by with her tray in hand and glanced around the packed quad. The table she shared with Rebecca was now occupied, had Rebecca been there, they would all have evaporated from there but Zuriah wasn't as intimidating as Rebecca. She decided to go sit on the lawn like the others did last semester but since it was the dry season, the grass had dried up and was covered in a layer of dust.

" Hey guys, isn't that Zuriah?" Ashanti asked them. Everyone turned except Faye who was absent minded.

Nesrina noticed and snapped her fingers at her till she snapped out of it.

" Dude, you should really start talking to the shrink." Nesrina advised when Faye finally glanced at her.

" Hey Zuriah you can join our table!" Ciarra called at her and she waved back at them and walked towards them taking Kweiba's emptyseat.

" Hi." She greeted bashfully and everyone responded in their own special way.

" How's Becca?" Ashanti asked taking a swig from her bottle of orange juice.

" She's fine." Zuriah sighs.

" When is she coming back?" Ciarra wondered.

" I don't really know but she said she'd come." Zuriah replied stabbing her noodles with the fork.

" Great." Ashanti affirms.

Just then, Ladi Nylander shows up behind Faye and swaps her can of Fanta for a bottle of soy milk.

" I love this guy." Mae mused.

" Dude!" Faye exclaimed, " I am not on the team anymore so I don't know the essence of dieting. Give that back."

" Faye you weren't supposed to be eating healthy for the team. You should do it for Fayanna Quansah. How many of these have you had this morning?" Ladi delves and all her friends now turn expectantly for her response.

" I thought this was the first can you had." Ashanti says and Faye suddenly feels like she's been trapped.

" Fine, I've had a couple but it's not a big deal."