Chapter 2 - Questioning

STONEBWOY- EVERLASTING

SOME OF YOU MIGHT NEED TO CATCH UP WITH THE PREQUEL TO FULLY UNDERSTAND THE BOOK 2.

HERE'S THE LINK-
https://www.wattpad.com/story/233701553?utm_source=android&utm_medium=link&utm_content=share_writing&wp_page=create&wp_uname=chancelar&wp_originator=qfLrUCuiJHjPS2mmAqMrlWMbpE2OC472%2BUb4Yes00xynh%2BRDPmjF%2FQF%2BUdXDz%2BM%2FT5X8cbQWKS0cjASmjsXGbX92yU%2Bz45ftE8wETsoncf8wBiTL6LFXtYF737nIPACp

OoO

The meeting with the police investigators was pretty intense while their parents convened in the assembly hall for the PTA meeting. The place which on the previous night had been a dancehall, had been magnificently transformed into an official meeting place, all traces of drinks, strimmers and trash, gone thanks to the compound prefects.

The DSP let Ciarra know her attempted rape wasn't a coincidence or an accident, Genevieve had orchestrated it after realizing Ciarra was heading the right direction in her investigation. They asked if she had met her in any setting outside of school, Genevieve wasn't her friend so that was hardly. Wait... Veronica's wedding. Roland drove her there. She probably met him the moment Ciarra entered Shuttle. Genevieve told him Ciarra really liked him but to get her to like him back, he might have to force it. Roland suddenly breaking out of jail was also orchestrated.

Also the brick that had broken the window on their first day of school was a sort of warning from the gang, to instill fear in them so they won't go poking around.

Ciarra suddenly broke into hives, this was shuddering news that gave her the chills. They've been following her all this while?

The girls were told Efua would like to see them. They didn't want to go but they were curious about her so they obliged. After all the questioning was over they stepped out of the chapel only to meet Efua in her Sunday attire and sandals just like every other student and she blended in perfectly. She smiled at them and Kweiba rolled her eyes turning to leave but Ashanti pulled her back.

" I understand guys. It must have been really strange to hear that I wasn't who you thought I was."

" Yeah Efua, you had all of us fooled." Ciarra says.

" Not all of you." Efua snickered and points at Ashanti,

" You new she was a cop?" Kweiba asked Ashanti and she disagreed.

" I always had the feeling that girl was going to figure me out soon enough." Efua smiled.

" I don't know I just wondered how she could act so matured sometimes, even some of the things she says sound like Mrs Asare speaking to us. " Ashanti shrugged.

" So what do you want from us now?" Ciarra asked.

" Yes I did lie to you all. I had to lose a couple of pounds to go undercover for this case. Melanie's parents were distraught after their daughter disappeared because according to them it was unlike her. The only way to get the full story was to be a Manhattan house girl, an unsuspecting one at that, that's why I joined the freshmen class."

" So no one would be paranoid." Ashanti comprehends.

" Exactly, and though it was for official detective purposes, I still met you girls and you girls made me feel what it is like to be a teenager. Unlike you girls I was rushed through school. I was in college by age thirteen and graduated soon enough. Believe it or not, I am only eighteen. That was why I was given the case at the Accra Regional Police Department.

" ARPD." Ashanti recollects.

" I had just graduated my police academy training and hadn't even worked on my first case but I was recruited for this case because I could easily blend in with you girls and I enjoyed every moment of being a normal teenager, gossiping about boys, complaining about teachers out to get you, trying to play smart during house inspection and generally hanging out with you girls. You might think it was all a charade but I was genuinely interested in all your shenanigans like Veronica getting married, Faye's karma cycle with her past relationships, Healenore's beef with her twin sister, Ashanti's lonely life, Mae's sheer innocence, Ciarra's overprotective parents, even Heather's positive outlook on life taught me something. Even being yelled at by Lartifa and Sabina during my chores, I hated it but soon I got used to those self entitled seniors. And I hope someway somehow I still have a place in your hearts because I will never forget you girls." Efua beams, a tear slipping out of her eyes.