Chapter 18- New Semester, New Beginnings, New Journeys

Rachel Platten - Fight song

Ciarra was the first to arrive on campus. This time there wasn't a grace period so no senior was going to help her carry her suitcase and box. She she sat next to it at the car park as more students poured in. The first Manhattan girl she spotted was Madeline who called out her name.

She got up and hugged her ecstatically. The last time she'd seen her was the previous year.

She joined her with her suitcase as they spoke about the holidays. Heather arrived next, then Mahalia from Albuquerque house, then Nana Kwame, a couple of boys she knew and more Manhattan house girls. Mostly second years. Then Faye, Ashanti, Sarah and Healenore.

They all decided Ciarra should stay behind and watch their boxes while they took their suitcases to the house before helping each other carry their heavy boxes to the house.

The sight that greeted them as they approached Manhattan house was beyond their imagination. The entire house was under a thick layer of toilet paper and eggs. Whoever did this was either crazy or had a beef with Manhattan house. Even the garden had been shoveled up, all those beautiful flowers dead.

They weren't the only ones agape at the scene but other girls going down the road to the other houses also stopped at the sight. They saw Chelsea walk out of the gates of the house and they all quickly walked up to her.

" What is going on?" Madeline asked.

" It's a threat to us. We kind of receive one every semester, haven't you guys experienced it...the brick through the window?" She refreshes their memory.

" Oh yeah, I thought that was from Velar." Madeline said.

" Yeah but some others aren't from here. Whoever did this really took it to the next level because it would cost a lot to do something like this and he or she would need to recruit at least ten people to get this done in one night. That shows the intensity of their hatred of us. " Chelsea elaborates

" Who's gonna clean up all this?" Healenore asked the dreaded question.

" Last time I checked you girls are still Manhattan girls, hopefully by 1pm, at least all of you will be here to help us clean up." A voice says from behind and they turned to look at April.

" April!!" Madeline jumps drawing her in a hug.

The girls didn't know why but they sort of missed even people like April.

" Ivy ordered for some new flowers for the garden which will be arriving in two hours, those periwinkles and euphorbias had definitely overstayed their welcome...it's time for some dalias and hyacinths. What do you guys think?" April asked.

The deadline for all students reporting to campus was 3pm that day since the school didn't want anyone risking being attacked by robbers at night. Anyone reporting after that time had to weed a portion of the overgrown patch of land behind the mini stadium.

Truly, by 3pm at least half the students had arrived and Manhattan house was having a serious clean up as they pulled off all the toilet paper covering the colossal buildings. The girls where exhausted halfway through the daunting work.

" All hands on deck!" Ivy called out to the girls incoming.

" You know, it's moments like these that I recall Melania the most. What would she do in this situation?" Anita asked Maryanne as she tossed toilet paper into a bin.

" Yeah... what would she do in this situation?." Maryanne asked.

" I don't know but remember her iconic song?" Zak asked.