Chapter 14- Nana

Schubert - Serenade

Ciarra was practically imprisoned in her home so she kept to her room studying. It felt suffocating and frustrating at the same time she begun to wonder if this was the definition of her life. Not that she didn't know, she did but after associating with the other girls from Nelson's she just realized how routined her life was and that she was practically ascetic. So what happened next practically shot her temper to the roof.

Her door swings open and she looks up from the stationary wave equation she was trying to comprehend.

" Your report just came in, you had three B's. Why? " Her Dad asked.

" We're thinking of taking you out of that school, I mean you walked into that school and suddenly you're sneaking out with boys and talking back and your grades are slipping. " Her mom goes on.

" I mean look at that, Chemistry B, P.E B and Integrated Science B. How junior?" Her father asked and she looked away.

" Look at me when I'm talking to you young lady." Her father sternly warned.

She didn't know what they were going to do next. She was grounded with a gazillion chores, three violin masterpieces to rehearse and books to read, if they didn't think that was punishment enough then they might as well kill her.

" I don't want to leave Nelson's." She knew her opinion didn't matter but she was ready to try.

" Look at you junior, that school is changing you, I don't know how much more of this nonsense I can take!" He bellowed and stormed out of her room.

After finally getting the equation she returns to rehearsing a Chopin piece. It was very challenging but she had to get it right, the moment she missed a note again she threw the violin unto her bed and run her fingers through her hair in frustration. But she still needed to get it right so she went back for it and made sure to get it right the next two hours.

When she did, she collapsed unto her bed exhausted and threw the violin across her room. Just then she heard a car pull into the driveway. She glanced from her window and almost forgot she was grounded and couldn't go out to hug her sister.

" I am usually met with a traditional Ciarra greeting what's up?" Jasmine asked as she walked into the house.

" She's grounded, keep an eye on her. We'll be back by eight." She heard her dad say. So they were stepping out without telling her?

" Dad, what happened?" Jasmine whispered to her father so Ciarra wouldn't hear from her room.

" Your sister is trying to ruin herself. You know her mother found her with a boy in town when she was supposed to be home?"

" Come on Dad, she's a teenager now she's bound to get a little naughty." Jasmine explained.

" Jasmine you were never naughty, I don't know how naughtiness is a good thing. She had three B's in her report. Not one, three and that's a lot for a girl with an IQ like hers." Her mom went on

Jasmine sighed and glanced over at her mom, " Mom, don't take this the wrong way but Ciarra is very different from me. She hasn't had any other female friends other than Rufidat, and not as many classmates as the 47 other students in her class. This is her first time in a public school, it will take a while to adjust."

She continues,

" All this is quite new to her and she's trying to find her place in all of this With what happened to her a few weeks before her exams I am not surprised her grades slipped. Ciarra is a very strong girl, I always say that but I affirmed it the moment I saw her boldly return to her normal way of life after such a traumatic experience, not every girl is able to do that. To be able to bounce back so efficiently, it requires a strong mind so never underestimate her maturity. You two raised one matured little girl, you need to trust her now."