Chapter 12- Cliques

Maroon 5- Maps

They easily spotted Egypt standing on the curb where he'd asked them to pick him up, he had his camera and laptop bag strapped on one shoulder.

They drove to Zaron's mom's restaurant, Cliques which was teeming with exciting faces. The strong aroma of coffee hit them in the face as they chose a booth. Kobla drove away after dropping them off.

" I didn't know you guys were a thing." Egypt arched an eyebrow at them hunching himself over the table.

" Sit down Jerusalem!" Kobby orders and Ciarra shot him a look.

" We call him that sometimes cause his name is just ridiculous, no hard feelings it's just to mock him." Kobby explained himself.

" You bloody Casanova, you actually named me after a very holy city, who's mocking who now? "

" Did you just call me that?...I'm gonna- sit down Kobby he was just joking." Ciarra cuts Kobby off before defending him, " I don't think Kobby's what you call him "

" If you say so, he literally has so many girls wrapped around his finger. Name a girl who had ever said no or felt threatened by Kobby Johnson."

" Veronica Baeta. " Ciarra states.

" Trust me, that girl is super intense." Egypt shudders.

" Thanks for the life documentary bro." Kobby comments with a hint of sarcasm.

" How's Jordyn?" Ciarra asked trying to change the topic.

" Oh that...she probably hates me now. She won't take my calls and when I try to reach her at home like people do in those chicklit movies she loves, she lets her dogs out."

" Pft, I never passed you for one to be afraid of dogs." Kobby scoffs as Egypt unzipped his laptop bag.

" Her father is a military commander, they have the most vicious rottweilers I've ever seen."

" Oh come on, why would she be that mad at you. Did you cheat?"

" I ...don't know how to answer that question." He suddenly begins to stammer, " I was hitting on another girl and she found out but I swear nothing happened. The girl doesn't even like me."

" As my father would say, ' This is why  you should avoid relationships until you're old enough'." Kobby advises him.

" Look at the pot calling the kettle black." Egypt laughed.

" What exactly did you do, Jordyn and I are housemates, I could talk to her." Ciarra offered.

" Even now I'm still confused." He face palms in frustration sinking into his seat, " I'm dating Jordyn and I kinda like Rebecca too and she doesn't like me. It's a whole lot."

After pausing briefly, Ciarra finally speaks up.

" Look Egypt, Jordyn really likes you and don't step in Rebecca's path, she's very peculiar and it doesn't look like she's into high schoolers."

" What's that supposed to mean?"

" That she's into mature guys, don't you notice she acts more matured than most girls in her class? For all we know she thinks we're all just a bunch of kids." Kobby explained.

" I don't think so, she went out with my brother."

" Berkeley is a very sweet boy, I mean which girl could turn him down, it'll be like kicking a puppy. You on the other hand can't go out with her because you have a girlfriend and she doesn't deserve all this drama. We're only fifteen and this is our first semester in highschool."