Chapter 21- Kweiba

Khaid & Boy Spyce- Carry Me Go

" Oh my gosh the letter is from Big boss!... like THE Big Boss of Majesti records!" Faye got out of her seat and exclaimed.

" Majesti Records is all the way in LA, this has a very big magnitude Faye...think about it." Ms Geraldine tries to bring her attention home.

Faye went through the brochure.

" They want me there in March." She sulks.

" That would mean you have to put an end to your education and your life here to pursue that dream."

" You're right." Faye deflates, " But this is a really huge opportunity. Only five girls are picked globally every seven years."

" How about we do this, why don't you go back to your dorm and write down ten pros and ten cons about this opportunity then we weigh them out during our next session."

" Great idea." Faye agreed.

" Glad I could help."

Faye exited the office for prep alone in the library. Whiles there she wrote down the pros and cons before solving some practice questions in Business Management.

Veronica sat with Myria on one of the benches in the lawn.

" What's your plan for the semester Vee?" Myria asked warmly.

" I'm just going to study and go home."

Myria smirked at her answer.

" You know Nelson's curriculum doesn't tally with your plans, there's going to be lots of activities this semester."

" I don't really care anymore." She says monotonously.

Myria paused for a minute before going on.

" Tell me about one thing that made you sad today and one thing that made you happy."

" Today is Calvin's birthday. Our Accounting papers came back and I scored a 92."

" I'm so sorry, I didn't know."

" I don't really expect anyone to know." She sniffed back a tear.

" But I want to know Ronnie. Anything important to you is equally important to me." Myria said and a stray tear slipped out of Veronica's eyes, " Come here."

" I'm so scared." Veronica states in a teary voice as Myria held her close.

" You don't have to be, your friends care so much about you and so do I. You might not believe this but even the other girls in our dorm are equally hurting everytime they see you cry. " Myria informed her, " You know Zak,  you know she joined the cadet right?"

" She's really intense."

" She wasn't always like that. You know she's Muslim. She was betrothed to this really cute guy from an affluent family. I never thought betrothed people could actually like each other before marriage. He died in a car crush during our freshman year. "

" Really?" Veronica asked in surprise.

" I don't want you to become an image of Zak. She didn't tell us about it, just kept it to herself and it kept eating her up, driving her crazy until Sabina found out and told us. Now Zakfeels like she doesn't deserve anything nice and that is a very narrow thinking. She wants to join the military soon and I'm afraid it's for the wrong reasons."

" Do you think I'm becoming like her?"

" Not at all, we lost Calvin a few weeks ago so it's understandable that you'd still be hurting but you still need to do the right things." Myria reminds her.