Chapter 19- The crime

Fameye, Kwesi Arthur- Long life.

" Oh my...." What the girls had scurried away from was the pelvic girdle of a human slightly exposed from the dirt. This meant one thing. A body had been buried here, and not by professionals because it wouldn't have crept out like this. They all feared their conclusion.

He told the girls to get back to their dorms while he handles it. The first person he had to report to was Principal Yankee and she inturn called the house mistresses with houses closest to the second gate. Manhattan and Pennsylvania house.

They needed to do some damage control but not without involving the authorities. By dinner that day, the entire area in the bush had been taped out and the remains of the body excavated by the police.

Mrs Yankee wanted to keep the students sound so she made sure no word went out but the freshmen of Manhattan house Dorm 1 Sey knew they had just discovered the biggest lead to a crazy fiasco. This was going to be another tough year of school.

Faye looked out the windows of Dorm 1, she watched Mrs Asare and the authorities downstairs as they had serious conversations.

Ms Bella knocked on their door and walked in.

" Hey everyone, how are you doing?" She asked trying to remain cheerful but you could see the worry marks etched in her brow.

" We don't know yet." Sabina says honestly.

" We also don't know what you found yet. The forensics are going to run a few tests on the remains to match it with our student database, just in case it is a student."

" Who would kill a student and bury him so close to the school?" Mae asked.

" What makes you think it's a boy, only two students have gone missing in this school in the last twenty years, and they were both from Manhattan." Lartifa reminds them and the room goes silent.

" Soraya has been found, she doesn't even remember her name so she's stuck in an asylum somewhere. We're afraid the body might turn out to be Melanie's." Kathryn says in a quivering tone.

" And that's very likely because already the experts are saying it's the remains of a female teenager and from first observation on her skull, it looks like she fell from a height." Ms Bella informed them.

" She killed herself?" Ciarra asked.

" I don't think she did because if she did, how did she bury herself?" Ms Bella goes on.

Now everyone was on high alert.

" Someone pushed her?" Ivy asked.

" No, not one person. I don't think I can manage to carry any of you in this dorm alone without anyone's notice, especially when it's postmortem." Anita reasons.

" She was definitely killed by a group... at least three people." Nalikem agreed.

" We're still trying to hypothesize how they managed to carry a dead body beyond the walls of this school without anyone's notice. I think we'll get more answers tomorrow." Ms Bella goes on.

" I'm starting to get scared." Naa Djormo says honestly.

" I just want you girls to know that if this has anything to do with Manhattan house again, the school is going to impose several sanctions on the house, we might lose the image we've had over the years. That doesn't bother me but I just know it's going to have a psychological effect on you all." She says solemnly, " On that note,"

She turned to the freshman.

" What happened today?" She asked referring to their therapy sessions.

They all kept silent.