December [sluggish]

Wed. 21

I'm snowed under at homework, tests, and co-curricular activities. I have to write the plot for my class, as well as take 9 tests on 9 subjects in total, and prepare for other classes. The amount of work is amazing:)

Anw, I'm having good time as the sky these days is incredibly beautiful, my dad has returned home yesterday after a week at the hospital and now he's recuperating at home. The weather is a bit chilly yet sunny, no drizzle or rain whatsoever. Everything seems to be painted in some first hints of New Year. The first month of 2023 is gonna be really hectic! (I have just received my packed schedule today) I'll reveal later!

Needless to say, Christmas is around the corner, the whole world is celebrating last days of 2022. Looking forward to enjoying breathtaking ornaments from all over the world!

_____

Fri. 23

Time passes quickly or I'm just incredibly hectic! I can't believe it! It's the end of Friday!

Tomorrow is Christmas, time is just too fast to be true. I hope everyone will have a wonderful Christmas Day with their beloved family. Tomorrow for me is nothing that special as Vietnamese, for most of us, don't follow that religion. We still cheer this day, however, just in a smaller extent.

My teacher today abruptly asked me whether I would like to register for a real IELTS test. It threw me off balance! I had never spared any thoughts about taking a real exam because I personally evaluate my skills as not adequate enough. Her questioning was totally a surprise! Of course I said that I would think it over and talk it over to my mom. I understand why my teacher is in a rush and worries about me because some prestigious high schools in my place allow students with 6.5 IELTS and above to be a student. A student, without any trouble, any anxiety about entrance exam, any money, bribery, can enroll straightforwardly in a highly appreciated school and get accepted. That's a great deal. But can I make it to 6.5? My speaking reflex is rather bad, unfortunately:((

But anyway, I'll discuss this with my mom later.

Btw, today I read a great book about American advertisements in the 90s. And this is the thing that stuck in my head:

ingle ells
ingle ells
      Christmas can't be complete without J&B

This ad sticks! It's what I wanna see! The creativity and cleverness of a creator is there! In case you don't know, I am a person who fancy the innovation of words, images and so on in this life. Around me, whatever it is, so long as it's inventive, it beckons me. That means it succeeds!

The art above is just a perfect model !

______
Merry Christmas! Sat. 24

Finally it had pulled in. Millions of people go to churches, streets, crowded places in order to celebrate and savor the bustling atmosphere of events taken place at esplanades. My family, however, doesn't bother that. My family had some quarrels over small issues, then they hit the sack.

Today I tutored my friends! I helped them 3 hours more or less and I hope it assists me to revise as well. We chat, learnt, reviewed, and just saw our faces to get closer on Christmas day. I had a chance to know more about my bestie, who I don't understand fully.

I watched the livestream video of Rockefeller tree lighting annual ceremony and it was rather relaxing. It brought me joy and a little bit of Christmas breath. I also watched some other videos: they did wonders for me, they enlightened my day and motivated me. Love them.

______
Sun. 25

Christmas yet going to class today! I was riding my bike while I was enjoying all of the tranquility of an early morning. My murmuring even could be heard clearly. How lovely it went!

Today my mom and brother took part in a fundraising marathon. They didn't win unquestionably, but they did fetch me some merchandise: 3 fluffy medals, a big-sized cookie, a bag, and a T-shirt. What wonderful yet pretty merchandise they are! I ate the cookie and it was my first time eating a traditional Christmas sweet. It was fine, not my cup of tea. My mom had to enroll with 300 (hidden currency) yet everything was far beyond my expectations. There is even a website to check for participants' achievements.