September [get into the swing of work n study]

Fri. 29

Today my whole school have a day off due to tomorrow competition (it's going to be held at my school). Today everyone is free so that the education department can go and check up all the equipment, desks chairs and such kinds of things. That's why I have spare time to type these lines, though I haven't finished my homework, and I still have a lot to learn.

I want to sum up my week with lots of fun:

Last week I participated in the Mid-autumn Festival, organized by a group for which my mother is currently working. I dressed up, just put on my lipstick, and went there. I drank a cup of fruit juice which was made by a JW Marriot's team. Then my little brother and my nephew went to see the jugglers, they were making long, colorful balloons with distinctive shapes. My mom gave me a pack of material which she obtained from a booth, then I assembled them by myself. I made my own lantern for the first time in my life! It was a tiger-face lantern, adorable, colorful and Chinese-like. There was an auction where you could buy teddy bears with exorbitant prices. When the program officially started, I went up the stage with some more students to receive prizes. I got 700 owing to my excellent study last year as well as a district prize in history (do you remember it?) Thanks to that history prize alone, I've obtained lots of money :> so now I'm thinking about having one more prize in my city to continue this glorious historical page... though it's hard, of course.

Last week, I also attended a wedding of my relative. I don't really want to mention that family's special situation, I'd like to concentrate on the food since it was truly appetizing. I ate 2 meals in total there =)) with approximately 20 different dishes: shrimps, fish, chicken, beef, pork, vegetables, sticky rice... I have a thing for sticky rice, to be honest. It was adorned with corns and special tiny pork, so I ate half of a dish =)) it was amazingly delicious.

This week, the rain dominates my city. It started to rain from Monday, on that day, a fairly terrible thing happened, but it's a private issue so I won't discuss here. Not least, yesterday, many places in my city was flooded. My school was drenched with water, and you know what, I tried to go to the parking lot to take a look at my motorbike, and the water was up to my knees! Luckily, the water didn't touch my motorbike's engine, or else it would have been inoperable. lots of students rode their motorbikes anyway, and I bet at least some of them stuck. When water gets into the inner engine of any motorbike, that motorbike inherently cannot work anymore. It's a nightmare to walk with a dysfunction motorbike, isn't it? So I made up my mind and stayed at school. Many a student also stayed there, so I didn't worry. The important thing is my class is situated on the fourth floor, so no one disturbed me sleeping =)) I bought kimbap, but it was quite unappetizing. I'll never buy kimbap there whatsoever. Hopefully my feet won't get itchy after walking with dirty water.

Overall, my week is great with interviews, one application form, deadlines, plethora of public relation work. I'm trying to manage my time efficiently, and hope my public relation stuff will finish soon... That takes up lots of time, you know.