February [race n rest]

Fri. 24

Oh diary it's totally my fault for not telling you anything about me this week.

Monday and Tuesday was fine, I taught my bf a lot about physics in an effort to make sure that he could retrieve all essential knowledge. And perhaps he passed the test, though the score wasn't high.

Then lots of deadlines and homework poured on me. I tried hard to finish the paperwork that I mentioned 2 weeks ago. Arduous as it was, I received a cup of tea in return by my history teacher, which made me extremely grateful.

Our group of friends experienced a short time of divergence. We basically had nothing really worth talking, and we were marginally split up. Nonetheless, we 'wired up' and now chat far more than we used to.

My brother joined in a small competition at school, and on the day he fought with other kids, my parents were exhilarated: my mom bought him a pizza, my dad bought him his favorite grilled clams and grilled fish. Not until now do I realize that my parents frequently express their love with food. I have no idea whether he is able to win and advance to the next round, but he has tried at least a bit. Way to go!

———
Sun.

I have just returned from my school as today we had to sit an examination. It was awkwardly and strangely difficult in its own way. However, as everything is temporarily over for the time being, I have made up my mind and relax.

Today is quite an unforgettable day. This noon I walked along with my bestie, we ourselves went to a boba shop, which was 2 kilometers away from our campus. At the outset, she asked me whether I was willing to walk so as to buy some tea, and instantaneously I responded yes! There we went under the sun and the rising heat. I had to use my coat as a substitute for my hat, and we reached there, bought 2 cups, 1 for both of us, 1 for her friend. We had an absolutely amazing chat! She was introverted, I was not so extroverted, yet we talked as if we were both out-going and chatty. We went from this story to that story, unwound with a random piano song played by some carpenters, talked about the future: what will happen if we go to distinctive schools and no longer be best friends? She told me that we would unquestionably remember each other, nevertheless, we might not greet each other and remain a distance. It rang true. Eventually we came back, hit the sack amid a vacant room, only 2 of us.

I wonder how amazing and stunning that noon was! Hopefully when I go to high school without her, I will be able to find a new friend who is as good as her.