Chapter ⁀➷ 03

Before stepping out of your chamber realization kicked in, what about your etiquette? Sure, you were used to the basic spoon and fork utensils but this time you were sure that there were going to be far much more than that on the dining ta...

        Before stepping out of your chamber realization kicked in, what about your etiquette? Sure, you were used to the basic spoon and fork utensils but this time you were sure that there were going to be far much more than that on the dining table, the regret of never being curious enough to look it out before soon filled your mind. Biting your thumb nail to somehow calm your anxious self you tried to think of anything, skipping dinner was definitely not an option since your tummy was now growling from hunger, besides, it could be considered rude.

           Your current situation was not better than exams back then, a pain in the neck, why did they use so many things while eating, anyway? "Oh, but I can cheat!"The sudden thought seemed to enlighten your mind, think about it, wasn't sitting near Lucius while eyeing which utensils he uses a good idea? you just had be cautious so you wouldn't get caught while doing so. A knock on the door followed by a maid's voice soon snapped you out of your mind.

❝Princess Y/N, dinner is being served. The royal family is now waiting for you.❞ The maid spoke softly, her voice was barely audible at the other side of the wooden door, opening the door by yourself you found the petite maid in front of your chamber. Recognizing her as the same maid from earlier, she looked young, if one could guess her age by only seeing her appearance she would definitely be 18 years old. Her brown eyes fell upon your figure before moving slightly out of the door way giving you enough space to exit the room.

           Walking ahead she slowly went towards what you suspected was the dining area, speeding your steps a little you went besides her, ❝Hello there, may I ask your name?❞ You spoke cheerfully trying to start a conversation with her, It seemed like she will be the one to attend and guide you while staying at the Oblivion kingdom so why not befriend her? It was better than having an awkward atmosphere between the two of you whenever you are together.

            She stopped dead in tracks just to glance at your direction with wide eyes, her face was visibly filled with shock. Taking a few seconds to process and answer your question, she seemed to let out a sight before softening her gaze ever so slightly ❝Of course Princess, my name is Lidia. I-it's a pleasure to serve you.❞ She stuttered lowering her head with a small smile on her face, her brown orbs caught sight of your beautiful e/c eyes which were casted on her figure before changing her expression to nervous one.

❝It's lovely meeting you, Lidia. I hope we can be in good terms and take care of each other, there is really no need to be so nervous around me.❞ You added with a soft smile in hopes of once again soothe her nervousness, the action apparently worked since her tensed body visibly relaxed and her face was now adorned with the same small smile from earlier.

❝Absolutely, Princess Y/N, I will try my very best!❞ She was now nodding her head repeatedly with a bright smile, realizing that you were both standing on the middle of the hall she started to walk now waiting for you. Nodding your head as well you started to walk beside her.