Chapter ⁀➷ 22

The knight's eyes widened even more at the mention of his nickname, it was now clear that you recognized him after all those years and as surprised as he wanted to be, his happiness did not let him feel anything else but overjoy and excite...

The knight's eyes widened even more at the mention of his nickname, it was now clear that you recognized him after all those years and as surprised as he wanted to be, his happiness did not let him feel anything else but overjoy and excitement. It was something that his persona decided to show by instantly smiling at your direction, even if it looked more like a silly grin due to his yet exhausted state. He swiftly tried to regain his composure before bowing his head, his eyes casted on his shoes for a a split second just to look up and meet your playful gaze after.

❝Greetings, my lady.❞ Offering yet another smile towards the young man, you made a gesture with your hand for him to raise.

❝You may rise, I am very pleased to see you, Perion.❞ You stated, the smile on your face could not be erased by any means. Finally, your favorite character was there in all his esplendor and most importantly, he persuaded his dream to be a knight once again. ❝Now, why don't you inform us about the situation outside, as you can see, we have got quite the disturbance here as well.❞ You implied, waiting to hear words that you already expected and knowledge.

❝Ah yes! We were just doing our nightly patrol when multiple people attacked us from the shadows, they did not set any terms before doing so, thus the reasons of their attack is still unknown.❞ He explained loudly as to permit all people in the room to hear and be aware of the situation. Astro soon stepped up, his stern and calculative gaze fell on the girls you were protecting, specifically Giselle.

❝I apologize for such inconvenience, however I am afraid that you may all have to leave. Except you of course.❞ He said, referring to Giselle who widened her eyes at his order. ❝Worry not, we will send some Royal guards to escort you all safely.❞ He began as he walked towards you, his arms soon embraced you into a quick hug before letting go. He waited for people to leave, it was as if they all mentally agreed to not question the Prince's words and even if they were concerned about their own well being, they did not try to voice it. Once they were all out, he turned to Giselle, his glare not softening at all. ❝There are barely two things that I can assume about you, you are either a threat to us or you are actually the victim here. Considering that they were desperate enough to break into a Royal ceremony rather than kidnapping you... elsewhere, they probably had the intention of letting the higher classes to beware of you. Tell me, young lady, why is it that they are following you?❞ His 'question' escaped his lips with a sharp tone, everyone present in the room was already looking at Giselle by now.

❝What compelled you to assume I am the one they were after? It could have been Lady Blinedor, that not to mention was right beside me.❞ She retorted before returning the glare to the Prince. Suppressing a snicker, you covered your mouth using your hand in order to not ruin the oh-so serious moment. This is one of Giselle's charms, even if she was a sweetheart, she did not like feeling discomfort. This leading to having a heroine that stood for herself in many situations.

❝I hate to break it up to you, but Lady Blinedor does not have enemies to such extends, invading the palace because of what? She was rude to them years ago? They threatened my people and were about to hurt someone I dearly care for, so don't make me repeat myself and just say why they are after you.❞ He threatened. You wanted to squeak right there and here, he was threatening the heroine because Alice almost got hurt! No doubt they were in their lovely-dovey state by now.