Chapter ⁀➷ 12

"I should also say goodbye to Perion

"I should also say goodbye to Perion." You mumbled as you tried to get your clothes done. You have been trying to fold your dresses for the past thirty minutes, to the point to even consider calling for Lidia's help, still you knew that at this time of the day she would be so full of chores, specially today since it was the day of your departure. She was probably aware of the fact that you were returning to your kingdom ❝Let's see, it's currently 05: 24 in the afternoon and dinner is not to be served until 06: 30❞ You reasoned, you had enough time to go to the training grounds and say your goodbyes to Perion, the only thing that was making you doubt was the fact the he could not be there at this hour. ❝It's worth the shot.❞ You finished as you stood from your bed and started making your way out the room. You managed to approach the area swiftly, by now you knew almost every place of the Castle, you were going to miss it. You searched around trying to spot the unique red haired male, every now and then the training knights would look at your way, some of them gave you curious looks and some of them questioned you trying to help you. You declined their offers kindly, there was no need to have all of them looking for Perion.

❝Uh? Y/N? What brings you here?❞ The voice made you feel relieved once it reached your ears. You turned around just to be greeted by a pair of brown eyes, your thoughts were now blank. Your plan was to say your farewells briefly, you didn't consider the words that you were going to use nor did you know how to bring the subject up. ❝Is something the matter?❞ Perion asked, one could hear the worry in his voice.

❝I wanted to thank you for the time we spent together.❞ You started as you played with your fingers, you tried to maintain eye contact with him but once you looked into his eyes, his gaze on your figure made you feel kind of a heavy weight that you could certainly not carry. ❝You see, I- We are departing to our Kingdom today so I thought that you should at least know that I really enjoyed your company?❞ You expressed, not being confident about the words you used to express how you felt. The silence coming from Perion made you doubt your words even more, was your explanation that bad?

❝You are leaving?❞ His voice was almost inaudible for you, considering the noise of the knights that were still training it made the task really hard. You nodded gently at his words, your hands were sweating. ❝I understand, have a safe trip and take care, okay?❞ He added softly, a small smile adorning his face. ❝Can we hug one last time?❞ He mumbled as he adverted his eyes somewhere else, you were shocked as well as amused by his request, if only he knew that you will be crossing paths again in nearly three years. You made your way to his side, your arms open ready to embrace his tall figure, you hugged with so much care. His eyes widened at the sudden touch, he was so embarrassed that he didn't notice when you were so near to him, nonetheless he hugged back almost immediately. His hands trembling as he embraced you waist, he noticed the notorious size difference, his eyes softened at this. ❝Thank you, Y/N. Now go and get ready, you have a long journey ahead.❞ He almost scolded, he turned away so you would notice the blush adorning his face, you smiled at his request before giving him a last quick hug.