Chapter ⁀➷26

You let out a sigh as soon as you heard him curse, your hand soon rested on your temple before massaging it gently, at this point you scolded yourself for not realizing how fast he was at figuring things out or was it maybe how obvious th...

         You let out a sigh as soon as you heard him curse, your hand soon rested on your temple before massaging it gently, at this point you scolded yourself for not realizing how fast he was at figuring things out or was it maybe how obvious the situation was? However, it was not like you could do anything about it now, but only ignore him while holding your utensils carefully, thankfully your appetite was still there. The table was soon filled with quiet, the awkward tension between the young adults was so thick, it was no surprise when one of the adults decided to cut through it with a sharp like knife tone.

❝So, I suppose the young lady is now quite familiar with the palace, what place did you exactly visit today?❞ King Arlo inquired as he glanced between his son and you. You let out a heavy sigh at the mention of Giselle, you didn't condemn her, not at all, yet all you wanted to do for now was avoid thinking of her. What she did was just so out of place, not in a million years would you have expected her to do such thing. Nonetheless as you were about to speak, you were interrupted by Astro's serious voice.

❝We showed her the training grounds today, although we so happen to have a little incident.❞ He subtly informed before wiping his mouth with a napkin. You felt yourself shifting on your chair as you knew he was probably going to talk about their argument, though you didn't oppose to the idea, it was merely an unpleasant experience that you so wished to not mention. ❝Whereas, there is something I would like to discuss right now.❞ He announced, once you shifted your gaze towards him, you caught him staring at Giselle with a blank look. Here it comes, he was going to tell on her! ❝I wish to start courting Y/N.❞ As soon as those words abandoned his mouth, you started coughing uncontrollably. Lucius rapidly patted your back as he handed you a glass of water, his own ears couldn't believe how blunt the Prince was with his statement. It was only a matter of time for his fat-

❝I beg you pardon?❞ Asked King Kyren in a serious tone. Once calming down a little, you looked at Astro with a terrified expression, your hues landed on his face, a grin gracefully adorning his features, the poor guy really didn't know what he has got himself into.

❝I know this is sudden and it's quite the hard announcement to process but my point still stands, I want to court Y/N.❞ He explained simply and bluntly, his red orbs focused on your father's e/c eyes, that not to mention stared at the Prince with confusion and utter shock. Oh, how much you wanted to get abducted by some kind of being when your father's eyes were adverted at your direction. Not only his, but also your mother's, the king's and pretty much everyone that sat in the room.

❝I am just as surprised by his statement. Please do not try to seek an explanation from me.❞ You stated in a surprisingly calm tone as you wiped your mouth with the napkin. At this point your brain just stopped working, even yourself couldn't comprehend how you were so unfeeling at the situation. ❝So if you'd be so kind to explain why you have made such grand decision... it would be wonderful.❞ You implied as you looked at Astro.