Chapter ⁀➷19

Chatter seemed to be brightening the day, people walked around with their friends and laughed at heaven knows what

          Chatter seemed to be brightening the day, people walked around with their friends and laughed at heaven knows what. Stalls everywhere and different games around, the sun shone and kissed your skin as you walked by Lucius side, your brother's expression was far more different from the others, his obvious scowl making you smile awkwardly at him while suppressing the enormous urge of wanting to be able to 'un-spoke' things. You pursed your lips into a line as you waited for his words, surely and most likely nothing positive was going to come out of his mouth.

❝I- Listen Y/N, I know I am in no place of telling you who you should be friends with and I have been trying to avoid mentioning your friendship with that Galinarael guy. But if you are telling me this, then that must mean something? If you'd ask for my opinion, I would say that you should distance yourself from him, sure, talk your things out first but I insist for you to give yourself a break from the young Duke.❞ A sigh escaping his lips as soon as he those words slipped out of his mouth. He would be lying if he said that he has not been waiting for the blond to screw up in any way, he loathed him and Lucius was sure that he had made it more than obvious.

❝Then, I guess it's a good thing she did not ask about your opinion, Your Royal Highness.❞ Gael voice interrupted and not to mention, not in a good conversation. Leaving out a tired breathe, you gently massaged the bridge of your nose before looking at him.

❝How long have you been listening to our conversation?❞ You queried, not really sure if any answers could be good enough to be accepted.

❝Long enough.❞ He admitted before leaning closer to you, his face just a few inches away from yours, although this time he neared his mouth to your ear. ❝I was hoping we could speak, privately.❞ He said before stepping away, offering a sparkling smile towards your direction.

❝Oh? Then, I guess that's good, she doesn't have to explain herself to you anymore. Come on, Y/N, the event is about to start.❞ Lucius pulled you away from the blond as he adventured himself through the sea of people. Your mind was somehow grateful for his actions, Gael has not been the same since that day, he would be clingy but his demeanor will also be cold. It was truly sad that it all came to this point because of your miscommunication, yet the more you thought about Lucius advice, the more reasonable it seemed. ❝Would you like to be my partner for this game or do you perhaps want to compete against me?❞ Lucius questioned, finding both options to be fun. He walked towards the person that was in charge of appointing the participants, a slight pull of your sleeve hurrying you to make a decision.

❝Let's beat their butts together!❞ You cheered, this event was surprisingly displayed on the game, for it was one of Lucius and Moniq's achievements. Winning the first place of the event for two years straight, Lucius did not really participate in such games before his sister joined, so it consequently became one of the 'siblings achievements' memories of the long list.