Chapter ⁀➷ 24

❝Now that's

❝Now that's... Why are you even here?❞ You questioned Astro who aimlessly walked by your side. Gaining a shrug as an answer, you narrowed your eyebrows even deeper into a scowl when no words left his mouth. ❝You- Oh, I get it now.❞ You cut your own sentence in the middle of realization. You took it upon yourself to show Giselle the way to the training grounds and Astro decided to tag along, you didn't question his decision until the way towards the area became completely quiet and at some point overwhelming. Now eyeing your friend with a smirk and raised brows, the expression adorning your face deceiving that you were now aware of his true intentions, he felt interest in Giselle! Catching on rather quickly with your suspicions, he let out a sigh as he massaged his temple.

❝Whatever you are thinking, it's not like that.❞ He clarified with his usual composed tone, completely ignoring the presence of the new member of the friend group, who glanced between the duo with curiosity, yet not confident enough to ask about their interaction. ❝I am merely accompanying you to make sure this lady doesn't try anything out of business.❞ Out of all replies, that was the last one you could have ever expected, you knew about his 'childhood friends protectiveness' and all, but to doubt your own capabilities and the heroine to this extent was just absurd.

❝Oh wow, that's so thoughtful of you,❞ You began, now looking ahead on your path and noticing that the training grounds were merely a few feet away. ❝Your Highness, how about you show her around?❞ You finished your sentence before speed walking and leaving the two behind, if they were going to continue the story's plot and unfold all the drama in Alice's life, then they might as well just start trusting each other by any meaning. For now, talking to Perion will probably do you some good, after all he is the calmest of the male leads, maybe you two can also train together for a while. Truth to be told, your attire was really comfortable and consequently, it met the needs for a good time training, not that you usually trained with this kind of clothing, but then again Astro did not usually act this... this irritating!

❝Your Highness? What brings you here at the training grounds?❞ Snapping you out of the cloud of thoughts, a masculine, yet gentle voice called. You immediately turned your attention towards the sound, your orbs almost instantly falling on the figure of the male who oddly enough looked quite familiar. Now hardly staring at the young man, you quickly mouthed a little "o" when recognizing the dark haired male.

❝Oh hey, Arden was it? What a coincidence!❞ You greeted with a smile. The knight matching your actions, though it was more of a nervous grin, not in the most bizarre situation would have he imagined that you were going to remember his identity, but today was a bizarre day, so was this really so hard to believe? ❝I am sorry to bother you in your training time, but do you happen to know where Sir. Gildedcard is?❞ You asked while using Perion's tittle.

❝Oh! I can show you the wa-❞         ❝No need.❞ A husky voice interrupted, snapping your attention towards the oh-so desired character, you almost wanted to squeak when catching the sight of those bright red strand. ❝My lady, you were looking for me?❞ He continued while gesturing the other and (unwanted) person that he was to be dismissed. Holding up a breathe, Arden soon did a courtesy before leaving.