Chapter ⁀➷ 23

❝It's really late, though

❝It's really late, though. I don't think you should be here.❞ You commented, letting yourself be influenced by your tired state. Honestly, if it wasn't for your exhausted self, you would have even asked him to have a conversation but for now, all you wanted was to touch your bed and be carried to LaLa Land.

❝What? Oh! I- I thought we could at least talk for a little, after all those years, you know...❞ His indecisive stutter deceived how disappointed he was. He had waited so long for this moment and yet you dismiss him as if he was a plague you did not want to catch. Seeing how the wizard took your words wrongly, you placed a hand on his shoulder, your touch making his ruby orbs stare at you.

❝I didn't mean it like that. I am just tired... sorry.❞ You excused as you gently squeezed his shoulder. It seemed like he now took actual notice of your tired tone and how your lids blinked slower than usual. He did heard about the little commotion from earlier, but his knowledge only expanded to the point to be aware that the issue was easily resolved. ❝We can have a chat if you'd still like to.❞ You suggested while pushing away the overwhelming desire to sleep and tell the young man to scout out.

❝Hm, of course. I am sure we both have a lot to talk about.❞ He chirped while inviting himself into your chamber, his heavy steps resounding as he stepped on the now ceramic floor and swiftly guiding him to a near chair. Leaving out a sigh, you gently pressed your hand on your forehead before also entering the room, this time you sat on the edge of the bed. Elbows pressed on your crossed knees as your hands supported your head, giving the wizard your full attention, your gaze gesturing him to continue with his 'talk,' ❝Ah, this is nice.❞ He breathed while also using his hand to rest his head, his sanguine hues gently staring at you. ❝How was your trip? I suppose you are very tired, don't worry I will leave in no time.❞

❝It was as good as it could be.❞ You shortly replied as another yawn escaped your lips, quickly covering the action with your own palm, you sent an apologetic look towards the male in front of you. Softening his gaze at your sleepy figure, he stood up from his seat just to stride forward in your direction, as if mentally asking for your permission to sit by your side, he only did so when you nodded your head while patting the soft cushion. ❝I never thought I was going to feel so tired after the ceremony, but oh well, I also did not think about the possibility of assassins entering the ballroom.❞ You giggled at the scene from earlier that was now playing in your mind. Visibly flinching at your words, the wizard's mind wondered if you had something to do with the chaos from earlier, don't get me wrong, he was not blaming you. However, if you were tired, then that must only mean that you most likely interacted with those culprits.

❝What do you mean? Did they try to attack you? Did they hurt you anywhere, Y/N?❞ He bombarded you with questions while shamelessly inspecting your figure, his slender fingers softly holding your arms before raising them, his eyes carefully scanning your s/c as if trying to spot any injuries.

❝Nah, they did try to attack me but I took care of them. No need to be so worried, Lazar.❞ You reassured with a small grin. Holding up his breathe, the wizard face exploded in warm colors at the mention of his name, not that your almost passed out self notice. Sure, you had called him by his name before, but something about the way you mentioned his name right now, it was just like before, his head went blank yet the image of you still clung onto his mind.