Madelyn Daniels x Remus Lupin

Requested by @maddiegib

I walked down the stairs leading into the Gryffindor common room only to be grabbed by the wrist and jerked to the side. I was about to scream when a hand covered my mouth and Lily told me to be quiet.

"What was that for?" I whispered unhappily.

"I'm avoiding James and I need help." She replied causing me to sigh.

"Why don't you just tell him to leave you alone?" I asked.

"Already tried." She replied in a slightly beaten tone.

"Alright. What do you need me to do?" I asked.

"I need you to get the boys away from the common room and don't let them see me." She replied. I nodded and stepped out of the small broom closet I had been dragged in. I entered the common room to find Remus, James, and Sirius sitting on the couch discussing some plans to prank Severus.

"Hey! I want to help." I shouted plopping down on the couch.

"Really Maddie?" Sirius asked surprised.

"Sure why not?" I replied shrugging.

"Well then I guess that fixes our problem. You and Remus will take watch while Sirius and I set the trap." James replies grinning from ear to ear.

~Timeskip~

After getting the boys away from the common room I had been forced into taking watch with Remus as we hid in a small janitors closet watching through the door as we cast a spell looking through a small hole only able to be seen through on one side. I had found out that Remus didn't like to be left alone inside small spaces and needed Peter to keep him company.

"Sorry you got stuck with me." Remus said leaning over me to look into the hole.

"I-It's no big deal." I replied nervously feeling Remus getting closer as he looked through the hole.

"Are they almost done?" Remus asked as I pulled out my cell phone.

"I'll text James and ask." I replied.

"I'm surprised how handy this muggle stuff you got from your parents is." Remus replied chuckling as he watched me type on the screen of my iPhone. I waited a few moments before getting a reply that they were finished and now we just get to sit back and relax as we watch the magic happen, literally. What we didn't expect was that we had been tricked. Sirius and James had decided to prank us instead by having us be showered in bright pink paint that doesn't come off for a week. I squealed as my robes and hair were drenched in the dreaded color. I look through the hole to find James and Sirius looking back giving us matching guilty grins.

"I'm going to kill you guys!" I shouted ripping open the door as I took off after them with Remus.

~Fast Forward~

I reached the perfect's bathroom to try and attempt to get the paint off with a new set of robes and a fiery temper to match. The idiots had forgotten that now the whole school thought me and Remus were together because of the prank in the sketchy closet. Lily had laughed at me while apologizing at the same time. She said that she would try and find an antiserum for the paint and that she did. I was currently carrying the scented potion in my arms as I entered the bathroom.

"I hate them so much!" I shouted into the silent bathroom as I shut the door and turned on the large bath tub's faucets. "Why is it every time I get close to Remus something bad happens?! Am I just cursed?!" I screamed getting out all my frustrations. I began to undress and grab the bottle the potion was being held in before washing my hair in the bubbly water and getting the remnants on my skin off. "Stupid paint." I growled as I scrubbed harshly at my skin removing the rest of it.

"M-Maddie?" I heard a male voice ask as I jumped and quickly pulled bubbles over my exposed chest. Luckily my back had been to the door.

"Remus?! What are you doing in here?!" I screeched scared as I moved to the farthest side of the large bath away from the door bringing the bubbles with me.

"It's the Perfect's bathroom and I'm head boy." He replied as a huge blush spread across his cheeks. "Wait! How did you get the paint out?!" He shouted looking at my bright red skin that was normally tan on my neck and regular dirty blonde hair.

"Thanks to ya'll I had to get Lily to find a way to get it out." I replied my American accent coming out as my anger flashed.

"Do you have any extra? I don't think pink is my color you know?" He replied awkwardly laughing.

"Yeah so long as you don't mind smelling like a girl." I replied feeling myself relax a bit.

Mind if I join?" He asked blushing bright read.

"Um.... I g-guess you c-can j-join." I replied nervously as Remus began to take off his shirt. I looked away as he finished stripping and waited for him to enter the water. When he entered I returned my gaze back to him. "H-Here." I replied handing him the bottle cautiously before slipping further into the bubbly water so he couldn't see anything below my neckline.

"I'm sorry about Sirius and James." He replied. "They just wanted to aggravate us."

"Did a damn good job." I replied laughing a bit.

"Yeah. Do mind getting the paint off my back? It leaked through the collar of my uniform and I can't see it without a mirror." Remus asked handing me a cloth covered in the soap.

"S-Sure." I reply shakily taking the clothe as I hesitantly moved forward. I had to raise myself slightly out of the water. I began to wash the pink paint off his back.

"What should we do to get them back?" Remus asked causing me to laugh a bit.

"I don't know. Force them to read a book for once?" I replied sarcastically. "How about I fake to have a crush on them?" I added causing us both to laugh.

"No I don't think I could handle that." He replied causing me to stop washing his back.

"Why is that?" I asked confused. I watched as his ears grew a bright pink and giggled slightly. "Don't tell me you would be jealous."

"N-no...... maybe....... Nevermind that! Are you done with my back yet?" He asked trying to avoid the subject causing me to laugh. My chest accidentally brushed against his back causing me to blush. "W-what was that?" Remus asked starting to turn around before I squealed and backed away sinking into the water.

"Wash your own back!" I shouted throwing the towel in his face and hiding my blush under water. Remus blushed brightly as he realized what just happened before covering his face with his hand.

"S-sorry." He replied shakily as he sunk back down into the water. "I didn't see anything. I just felt the water splash against my back is all." He replied causing me to nearly smile at how sweet he was trying to be. I had liked Remus for almost a year now and in that moment I felt like I was the luckiest girl in the world. I took a deep breath before edging my way towards Remus. He was turned around so he didn't notice until I hugged him. He tensed quickly before turning in my arms to hug me back. It felt funny having so much skin exposed. I felt something press against the top of my head and looked up. Remus had looked away after kissing me on the forehead leaving him blushing.

"I-I love you." I mumbled burrying my head in his chest.

"R-really?!" He asked surprised as he placed both his hands on my cheeks raising my head to look at him.

"M-maybe." I replied blushing and darting my eyes to the side. Suddenly I felt a warm soft pair of lips stroke against mine as Remus kissed me. It was slightly sloppy and somewhat unexperienced causing me to giggle as I bit his lip to break the kiss.

"I've never kissed a girl before." He said laughing nervously. I smiled before giving him a peck on the lips.

"Well I'm glad I have the honor of being your first." I replied blushing.

"I love you, Maddie." He said stroking my hair to the side of my face.

"I love you too."