New Year's Special (Harry Potter x Reader)

"Harry Potter!" I shouted from across the large common room. I watched as he turned his attention to me and waved. I grinned happily maneuvering my way across the crowded room to him.

"Happy New Years!" Hermione and Ron shouted happily as I finally reached their group.

"Happy New Years!" I replied giving them an excited smile. I felt Harry gently grab my waist and pull me close to his side. I looked up at my amazing boyfriend of two years giving him a wide grin. He returned the smile and I watched him reach into his back pocket to grab something. He pulled out a small box and handed it to me. I opened it carefully and found a bracelet with a lightning bolt and broomstick charm strung on a thin woven leather bracelet. My eyes widened in shock as I removed it from the box.

"This is gorgeous! How did you get it?!" I asked surprised as he took it from my hands and wrapped it around my wrist and clasping it.

"Few friends helped me make it." Harry said blushing as he ruffled his messy black hair. I reached up and kissed him on the cheek before playing with the charms on my wrist.

"Hey everyone! Let's play spin the bottle while we wait!" Seamus shouted earning a few angry glances from the girls and guys. Sadly, there were a few more excited glances than angry ones.

"Girls over here! Guys over there!" Alicia Spinnet ordered as the two genders regrettably were divided. I felt Harry give my side a squeeze gently before he left to join the guys' side.

"This is ridiculous." I muttered to Hermione who nodded in agreement. She was finally with her dream boy, Ron, and now she had to play this stupid game too -just like me.

"Alright spin...... now!" Seamus shouted from the guys side as the bottle spun.

After sitting around for about half an hour without neither Harry or I being picked I began to feel optimistic. Ron and Hermione had been the two picked for their turn in the closet and I watched Hermione's face turn a bright red as she glanced over at Ron. He was the same shade of red as her and I found it mildly funny. The two entered the closet and a few people leaned against the door listening. "They wouldn't do anything like that at a party. They are probably too embarrassed to begin with." I mumbled laughing. Luna had been sitting beside me and she giggled too sending me a glance.

"____, are you really okay with playing this game?" Luna asked as I watched the couple exit the room even more embarrassed than before.

"Well-"

"Harry Potter!" The boys side shouted as I looked over to see the bottle had landed on a nervous looking Harry. I began to feel my nerves kick in as well, I was the jealous type.

"Ginny Weasley." The girls replied as I looked to see the bottle had landed on her. I felt my heart plummet into my stomach as I watched Harry hesitantly stand with Ginny and enter the closet. I couldn't bear to be in the room any more and stood.

"____, wait!" Hermione called as I quickly took off running for the stairs. I had just slammed the door to my room when I heard Harry's voice shouting.

""____! Come on! I swear nothing happened!" Harry shouted banging on my dorm room door. I just locked it and jumped onto my bed. The thought of another girl having private alone time with Harry had seriously bothered me. Especially with the fact it had been Ginny, I had known she liked him since I started hanging around Ron back in our third year.

"Go away Potter!" I shouted hearing the banging finally stop. I rarely called him Potter and by the sound of it, it had bothered him. I buried my face into my pillow feeling tears spring to my eyes. I heard the loud footsteps of someone marching back down the steps before I began to quietly cry into my feathered pillow.

~~~

I woke up to the sound of yelling from the common room. I rubbed my swollen eyes and glanced at my bedside clock. 11:58 p.m. It was almost midnight... I felt something warm stir from beside me and turned around. I came face to face with a pair of sleepy emerald eyes and messy black hair.

"H-Harry?" I whispered hearing my scratchy throat from all the crying. He gently reached out and brushed aside my hair with one of his hands.

"It's almost midnight." Harry said giving me a sad smile. He had red eyes but I couldn't tell if it was from tears or from staying up late. I was hoping for the later.

"Nothing really happened right?" I asked not being able to look him in the eye. He gently cupped my cheek with his hand and I couldn't help but lean into the warm touch.

"Nothing happened." He said causing my eyes to lock with his once again. I could see the honesty in his eyes as he smiled at me. One of his arms snaked around to my back pulling me closer to him.

"Ten!"

"Nine!"

"There's something I wanted to tell you earlier." Harry said.

"Seven!"

"What was it?" I asked searching his eyes for an answer.

"Five!"

"I love you." He said for the first time in two years. I looked at him in shock.

"Three!"

"I love you too!" I said excitedly.

"One!" As soon as they shouted the beginning of a new year Harry pulled me closely and kissed me eagerly. I could feel the love he felt for me with each gentle carress of my upper arm or back back as he kissed me gently. I smiled into the kiss as he gently bit my lower lip. I allowed him entrance and felt his tongue dance with my own. I followed his lead and eventually needed to pull back for air.

"Happy New Year." Harry said leaning his forehead against mine.

"Happy New Year." I replied pecking him on the nose as we cuddled closely until we would finally fall asleep.