Cassandra Moonstone x Harry Potter

Requested by (88844m)

The loss of my mother was hard enough on me as it was but to have conflicted feelings for my best friend made matters even worse. I had fallen for Harry Potter and didn't know how to handle it. I had depression bad enough but the thought of losing two people in my life was enough to make me break. I had broken down the night the owl arrived in front of me at the dinner table with the letter notifying what had happened. Harry had come to comfort me but I just brushed him off not wanting to find comfort in the man I feared loving. He probably thinks I hate him now.... I better go apologize. I begin walking off towards the common room escaping the confines of my pillow and blanket fort that is my bed. I walked down the steps quietly hoping not to wake anyone. It's late at night but what did I care? Harry hadn't been able to sleep lately and I knew it was because he was worried about Sirius. Harry had told me all about Sirius and his escape last year. I felt bad for the poor guy. Lost his best friends then gets blamed for their death! How awful!

"Cassie?" I hear his voice ask as I arrive at the last step and entering the common room.

"Hey Harry." I replied walking to take a seat next to him.

"Can't sleep?" He asked putting his arm around my shoulder pulling me against his side.

"Yeah... I'm sorry about pushing you away the other day when you were trying to make me feel better." I apologized quietly leaning my head against his shoulder.

"It's ok, Cassie." Harry replied rubbing my arm quietly.

"I just have so much at stake right now. I didn't have time to stop myself to keep me from hurting you." I replied hearing my voice crack.

"It's alright. Honestly you've been through a lot. You loved your mother. Couldn't blame you for it either, she was always so nice." Harry replied soothingly. I smiled sadly up at him one tear sliding down from my sad grey eyes.

"How has Sirius been?" I asked changing the subject. It took him by surprise but he knew I didn't want to talk about my mother. He glanced around the room checking to make sure no one was around before whispering.

"He's coming back."

"What?!" I loudly whispered choking on air in the process. "Why?"

"I have been having nightmares lately with Voldemort in them. That's why I haven't been sleeping." Harry spoke sadly.

"I thought you were just worried about Sirius! You need to tell Dumbledore Harry." I instructed grabbing his arm to drag him towards the headmaster's room.

"No!" He shouted ripping his hand from my grip causing me to turn around and look at him in shock. "I need more time to figure this out Cassie." He stated slumping down onto the couch.

"Fine. I'll keep watch over you tonight if you start to have a nightmare I'll wake you up." I stated taking a seat and pulling his head down into my lap.

"Thanks Cassie..." He spoke softly drifting off to sleep as I played with his hair.

I began to speak quietly to myself. "Sirius has a pretty good reason to come back. If it involves Harry he would jump on it without a thought. I hope he's ok on his own getting here. On the other hand Harry is going through enough right now for me to quit worrying over my own problems. Afterall he doesn't even have parents what am I doing acting like a baby. I need to just ignore my own feelings." I spoke to myself under my breath barely audible to be heard.

"Mmm, I... love...you....too." Harry murmured in his sleep.

"Guess you are having a good dream." I spoke softly laughing slightly. "I wonder who this girl is you love so much." I thought still stroking his hair. Then a bright idea came into mind. In muggle TV shows I had seen someone talk to someone in their sleep and the person wasn't conscious enough to lie. "Hmmm, Harry who do you love?" I whispered softly in his ear. If he loved someone besides me it would make me forget my feelings quicker and move on so I waited for a response.

"Cassie..." Came his quiet sleepy voice.

"Cassie loves you too."I leaned down and whispered in his ear again blushing.

"Cassie?" Harry's voice sounded more awake now.

"Oh shit!" I shouted causing Harry to flinch. "You didn't hear that right?" I asked blushing a bright shade of pink.

"Hear what?" Harry asked smirking looking better than he had before he took his nap.

"You did!" I shouted blushing an even darker shade. I shoved him off my lap and stood up causing him to roll off onto the floor.

"Hey a little warning will ya?!" He replied a bit angry as he got up off the floor.

"You weren't supposed to here that." I replied pointing at him scared. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his lap.

"I feel the same way so it's ok right?" He asked brushing his lips against my neck.

"W-What?!" I exclaimed surprise.

"Shhhh or you will wake everyone up." He warned biting my neck lightly.

"Stop that." I replied covering my neck.

"Fine. Then I'll do this." Harry replied grabbing the back of my head and turning me so he could kiss me full on the lips. The kiss wasn't gentle but it wasn't forced either. It felt like everything I had imagined it to be. THe kiss left me wanting more but I broke away.

"I love you." Harry stated placing his forehead against mine.

"I love you too." I replied smiling.

"We'll make it through this together right?" Harry asked giving me a pleading look. I grabbed his hand and looked directly into his eyes.

"We always will no matter what." I replied earning myself another sweet kiss.