𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞, 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, & 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞. 𝐄𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲!

𝘓𝘰𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯: 𝘓𝘰𝘴 𝘈𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘴, 𝘊𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘢
-𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴𝘋𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯 -
𝘛𝘪𝘮𝘦: 2:35pm
- 𝘋𝘢𝘵𝘦: 𝘖𝘤𝘵𝘰𝘣𝘦𝘳 16 2020 -

/ 𝙅𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙧 𝙋𝙤𝙫 /

A few minutes had went by and my mother finally arrived home

A few minutes had went by and my mother finally arrived home. She knew something was up from the tears on my face and the officer sitting in our living room. I personally couldn't tell her what happened to the love of her life simply because I was still in shock myself.  While the officer explained everything to her I sat down in disbelief while Latrell held my head.

I was really grateful for him still continuing to be here for me at a time like this. I knew he didn't have the perfect words to say, but him just being there was everything I needed right now.

As I finally stopped staring down at the floor, I looked up to see the most devastating look I ever seen my mother make. Watching her be like this made my heart ache. She lost her son and now husband. That has the be one of the hardest pills any mother could take.

"My poor baby ... our anniversary wasn't too long ago. We had plans on traveling for Jamir's birthday and the Holidays. We even bought tickets" My mother cried, as I shook my head.

Her voice was so shaky that you could tell she just wanted to start screaming and burst into tears. I couldn't even blame her because I too wanted to just scream and ask God why? How could he take my father away from us? He didn't get to see me graduate or have kids. He won't be here to help dress me for prom. Won't be here for the holidays, won't be here for all of our talks. He's gone. Forever. And there's nothing I can do about that, but just sit here and accept it.

"I am so sorry for your lost, Ms. Davis. My prayers are with you and your family" The officer got up and headed towards the front door. "If you have any questions feel free to call or come down the police station" The officer said as he walked out the house.

The room was silent after the Police officer had left. So silent that we could hear the wind that was blowing from outside the house. I was speechless like everyone else was. I didn't know what to say other than just cry. That's all I could do. Was cry.

"I'm so sorry for your lost, Ms. Davis. I can't imagine what you're going through" Latrell said as she gave him a head nod.

"Thank you baby ... I really appreciate you being here for my son. But- umm, im going to be upstairs if you two need anything. Feel free to leave whenever, Latrell" My mother said standing up and walking towards the stairs.

"You're going to sleep? Can you even sleep at a time like this?" I asked her.

"Yeah" Her words were more shaky than before. I could tell she was going to go up in her room and cry herself to sleep. My mother always put on a act in front of me when times were rough and this time I wish she wouldn't do that. She just lost her husband, and the less thing she needs right now is to not hold in any emotions.