𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞, 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, & 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞. 𝐄𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲!

𝘓𝘰𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯: 𝘓𝘰𝘴 𝘈𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘴, 𝘊𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘢
-𝘑𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘳'𝘴 𝘏𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦 -
𝘛𝘪𝘮𝘦: 11:30am
- 𝘋𝘢𝘵𝘦: 𝘔𝘢𝘺 12 2021 -

/ 𝙅𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙧 𝙋𝙤𝙫 /

7 month later ...

That's how long it's been since the passing of my father and the breakdown I had. God, I miss him. I miss his loud stomping, him yelling at the Tv when his favorite basketball team would lose, and most of all his hugs.

His funeral had to be one of the toughest things I ever experienced in life. To be honest, I didn't even want to go to his funeral because I felt like if I was to go then that would be me accepting his death ... me realizing that he's truly gone. And in no way shape or form did I accept his death. Of course, I didn't move on. How could I? You can't just move on from something like that.

Besides my depression that I have been struggling with these past few months, I did start therapy shortly after I witnessed Daijon's family mourning him. That truly broke my heart to witness his little sisters react that way. It drove me back to how I watched my brother bleed out and die.

Therapy has been extremely well though. I can see myself getting better day by day. I'm growing as a person and learning how to express my emotions more in a mature way. Although I still have a long way to go on becoming better, I'm still way better than I was a few months ago and that's all that matters.

Latrell and I are doing amazing by the way. He's been helping me through my journey and also started meditating with me. Not only am I'm changing as a person, but so is he. He stepped away from all the gang-related things and quickly started doing well in school making nothing but A's for the rest of the year.

Mariah and Nevaeh are, of course, doing fine. Way better than before. They found out that for their senior year they would only have to take two classes, so they've been excited about that. I would've also had two classes if I wouldn't have failed my electives. But I don't know how the school can blame me for failing. If you lost your father the least thing on your mind would be grades.

As I finished up writing down all my thoughts, I closed the book and then exhaled a deep sigh. After that I placed the book in my dresser and then came in contact with that manifesting book that I wrote a couple months ago.

"Oh my god— I forgot about this" I laughed, as I grabbed the book to flip around a couple pages to see what I wrote.

I had completely forgotten about this book. I somewhat remember me writing down on how Latrell would ask me out or something like that. And after that, it worked.