demonic arm

The Next morning

Wei Wuxian rubbed his eyes and turned his gaze toward the intruders, wondering "What? Could it be that the flag array went wrong?"

"How can it go wrong , you only say that the strokes are correct...then how" lan qiren questioned...his worry visible in his eyes.

Drag the lunatic to the hall! Let him pay with his life!"

What I invented can be fatal if not used properly, but the young man drew it right," he thought to himself as he let himself get dragged away.

Soon he saw the people crying. Wei Wuxian was brought before them, and the Madam turned a hateful glare towards her nephew. For, where her son's arm should be, there was only an empty stump.

Try stealing from me again!" Wei Wuxian had shouted only hours before. "I swear, I'll cut off his arm!"

Axian did you " yanli asked her eyes widen

What..no...I mean it's future but I could never. For silly reason like that" he replied .

How could you, you wretched bastard! He-he was just a child.... Why couldn't you die, you bastard?" she shouted, running forward intending to choke the boy who shook his head and declared his innocence.

Avenge him? I didn't kill him," Wei Wuxian declared.

Madam Mo, your son's flesh and blood have been sucked dry," Lan Sizhui explained. "It must have been evil spirits."

"Good observation" lan qiren commented though his sect rules forbid excessive proudness, he can't help it .

Help me!" he shouted, running towards Lan Jingyi for protection. On his way, he clumsily tripped over the young master's body, flinging his outer robes open.

Lan Sizhui gasped, recognizing the talisman hidden in the young master's robes. It was one of the spirit attraction flags they had set up earlier.

"A blackwind flag," Lan Sizhui declared.

"Why are you running like coward. " Jiang Cheng grunted.

"Wei Wuxian , you are so funny" Nie Huaisang commented chuckling behind his fan

Mrs. Mo, I believe I know how your son died," Lan Sizhui declared calmly. "This is used to summon ghosts and evil spirits. Your son carried this flag, and, in doing so, he made himself a target. The ghosts this flag summoned killed your son.

Lan Qiren gazed with approval at the boy's conduct, and Lan Xichen smiled at Lan Wangji .

Looking down at his left arm, Wei Wuxian's eyes widened in realization.

"Only two wounds left," he observed as he looked at his hand. "Three wounds refer to three lives. Mo Ziyuan got himself killed by stealing the flag, but the flag was created by me. In a sense it was me who killed him."

It's good, one curse is removed" Wangji thinks . The relief very much visible in his face .

That's bad , though he is annoying...he didn't have to die " Wei Wuxian uttered.

You worthless fools!" the Madam screached. "Talking about cultivation and demons! You can't even protect a child. What good are you to me?"

"Hey , you can't talk to cultivators like that . "

"We are not your servants. "

"How can they treat our disciplines like that " lan Kai expressed.