Not A Killer

What is this Wuxian? Why are you adking me these things " Lan Qiren asked confusedly

" These are the evidence connected to the late Madam lan death, Master Qiren. These papers have evidence of Lan's cultivator's crime against the Late Madam lan. These Lan cultivators joined hands with Late Jin Guangshan and killed Madam lan, after framing her for a crime, she never committed. " Wei Wuxian revealed calmly, looking at frozen Lan Qiren worriedly.

_________________________________________

The Gusu Ancestral hall

Many lans grimaced as they saw Lan Ancestral Hall.

Life at the Cloud Recesses had always been very structured. As expected, with over 3000 rules everyone adhered to them. However, there was also something else that came with these rules. Punishments. And especially when it came to the more severe transgressions, these punishments were not doled out at random. After all, even disciplinarians weren't without bias and the punishments were above all supposed to be just.

Yet that didn't terrify Elder Zhou when he plotted Madam Lan for a few bags of gold coins. No, what terrified Elder Zhou is Yilling LaoZu's calm yet seething face. The day started normally as possible for Elder Zhou, one minute he was tending to his plants, and the next moment, he was surrounded by Lan disciplines and tied up with a robe binding meant for punishment as he was dragged to the ancestral hall.

What is the meaning of this Qiren? Is this how you treat your sect elder? Lan Xichen, aren't you going to say anything? I am very displeased with this sect. First, you allowed a criminal to roam as he wish, even allowing him to teach classes, and now you're insulting me. How dare you all? he screamed at the lans.

Uncle! What's happening here? Why do you summon all of us? " Lan Xichen asked confused. The confusion is reflected in Wangji's eyes too but he stayed silent, letting his brother do the talk.

A group of Lan disciples gathered in the viewing room and held their breath as they witness the scene.

Lan Xichen! Allow me to apologize to you and your brother for letting a big injustice happen to you and also for failing to protect your innocent mother. I know, no amount of sorry can make up for it but today the punishment will be served to the real criminal " Lan Qiren stated with hard eyes and a stern expression.

" Innocent " lan Xichen whispered in shock while Wangji froze beside him.

Yes! Your mother is innocent xichen. It was Jin Guangshan who killed the lan elder. Since it was very dark that day, your mother misunderstood that she killed him. Only on her death bed, she finds the truth. This Zhou plotted with Jin to kill your mother and he used poisoned sachets to kill her " Wei Wuxian affirmed as he produced the evidence.

Susu felt sweat forming on his head as he saw his uncle getting caught.

Lan Zhan closed his fist tightly as he saw the future, while Lan Xichen look like life drained out of him as he lean slightly against Mingjie to watch the future

It was the moment of realization for Lan Zhou as he watched Wei Wuxian with wide eyes. All the Lans held their breath as they watched the confrontation.

You...how dare....you demonic cultivator " Lan Zhou shouted pointing a finger in Wei Wuxian's direction.

" Is it true that you plotted with Jin Guangshan to frame my mother? Is it true did you killed her? " Wangji questioned in a small voice, looking so much like a child.

A brief moment of silence followed and then Lan Zhou started laughing madly as if he finds humour in lan wangji's voice " Yes! I did. I framed your mother for a murder, that she never commit and I also asked Jin Guangshan to send poison through sachets but I didn't kill her, Lan Wangji"

Lan Xichen and Lan Kai's breath hitched as they witnessed the future with trembling hands.

Dread surged inside Wei Wuxian as his inner self screamed for him to protect Lan Wangji from danger.

What are you babbling? Lan qiren questioned as he glared at the kneeling Lan Zhou with murderous intensity.

" I am not babbling, I planned and plotted with the Late Jin sect leader but I didn't kill Madam Lan. Lan Wangji of Gusu did that. He was the tool used by us to kill his mother. Lan Wangji, The great Hanguangjun is a mother killer " He accused as laughed maniacally, looking at the stunned face of everyone.

Lan Zhan who was standing, fall to his knees at the acquisition placed on him. Wei Ying who was near him, immediately dived in to catch and support him.

" I killed Mother" lan zhan agonizing whispered reached everyone but whether it was a question or realization is unknown.

" No!! You didn't. It's Su she " Lan Kai immediately shouted, making every head turn towards him

What are you saying, lan Kai. Su she was a child that time " Lan elder Yanping questioned

" Sushe might be young but from childhood, he was jealous of Wangji. I caught him more than 4 times buying sachet from the seller. It's the same sachet that madam lan showed Young Master Wei " Lan Kai revealed, shocking everyone with the information

Lan Xichen breathes a relieved sigh at the knowledge his brother is innocent and guilt-free.

" I killed Mother" Wangji mumbled, falling to his knees. His world collapsed with the phrase as the word keep echoing in his mind. He is the reason for his mother's death. He destroyed everything. One minute Wangji's heart was crushing and breaking and the next second, he unleashed the bichen and brought it to his neck.

His raw throat betrayed him with a howl he tried to keep in, thus alerting his brother and the other disciples of his pain and his future actions...

Everyone's breath hitch as they watch the mighty Hanguangjun attempt to take his own life. The death of Xiao Xingchen flashed in their mind as they noted the irony of the situation. Both accused of killing the person they love.

Wei Wuxian's heart Withered as he witness his soulmate's pain (" I am such a fool. I always tell him that " I wish to die in his hands"..... Or " it will be him who will kill me.....God, I wonder how much it hurts him to hear that from the person he loves. Does it hurt you so much LAN Zhan) Wei ying thinks and silently, wrapped his arms around Lan Zhan.

"( Does it hurt you, Lan Zhan? Does it cause agony to your soul when I claimed that I wish to die by your hands? I used to think that Jiang Cheng is not strong enough to kill me and that it will be lan zhan who ends me....How wrong I am. Maybe it's a good thing that I didn't force him or cast a spell on him to kill me. )" Wei Ying thought to himself as tears fall from his eyes.

Since many are asking for updates, I will divide this chapter into two. The next chapter will be about Lan Zhan's pain and his upbringing. Wingman Lan Xichen will be there.

How many of thought lan Kai killed madam lan?

Do comment. ...i am curious

Hope you like it.

I will try to update, next one soon .