37🚬

*Next day*

*ding ding ding ding*

The school bell rang signaling school day was officially over.

I was finishing up writing down the assignment that was for homework when I heard a soft voice.

"Y/n?" hina peeped and I turned to see her standing right next to my desk, I sighed and closed my planner, after our last 'discussion' I really wasn't in the mood to hear from her.

"Yeah?" I uttered as I placed my planner in my bag and zipped my bag shut. I was feeling irritated she came over to tell me more stuff and give me another lecture.

"Can we talk " she muttered softly and looked down at her shoes. We both stayed quiet for a few seconds as I thought in my mind, I really didn't want to hear more stuff from her...but I nodded my head and agreed to go with her.

*****

"Can I be honest?" Hina started as soon as we walked down the hall of the school, the halls were becoming more and more empty.

"More than you recently have been?" I asked nonchalantly with a slight sting in my words.

"Truth is..." Hina paused and I was already preparing for her 'he's a red flag ' speech, oh boy here we go again.

" You're my best friend so I'm supposed to be there for you" Hina started out with a shaky tone, probably nervous...but I am too, is this just going to end in a screaming match.

"I know..." I bluntly replied.

"I've been trying to protect you from this guy" She exclaimed making me scoff.

"Protect me ? From what? He wouldn't hurt me " I furrowed my brows and glared at her.

"Maybe not physically but he's hurt your heart in the past...or did you forget " she huffed making me sigh deeply.

"No I didn't forget" I murmured as I looked away from her, how can I forget my first heartbreak, my embarrassing failed love confession.

"You literally said forget him and that you were so done and he probably said a few sweet things and you instantly fell.. in fact that surprised me."Hina began to use her lecture voice and I stayed quiet. Not cause I thought she was right but more like I'm done arguing , i've said what i've said to her.

"You are so smart, beautiful inside and out, and totally out of his league , besides he's hurt you before that automatically gives me the right to hate him" She hissed, making me laugh and I shook my head.

"I want to be happy for you I really do because I guess I'm not going lie you're glowing and you seem very happy but y/n I still worry." Hina murmured with sad ridden eyes.

"I guess I see that" I replied trying to not let her win but trying to see from her side too.

"You guess?" She asked confused and stopped walking.

I took a few more steps ahead of her and inhaled deeply.

"Hina, if its a mistake then it'll be a lesson learned for me. you can rub it in my face and tell me I told you so...but for right now I need my best friend to be happy for me, it's weird he's acting different now... a good different, I'm seeing him more often, he's saying sweet things that make my heart want to explode but i think he's serious right now Hina" I implored and hoped she'd see, she wanted to smile but hid it by pursing her lips.

"And if he does break my heart, then you can be in charge of setting me on the next date" I playfully joked making her lightly chuckle.

"Promise?" She asked with a giggle and I eyed her suspiciously.