First Day Jitters |chapter 2|

As the sun started to rise, Jackylen's body aches arose. She groaned as she threw her legs off to the left side of the bed. As she looked down, the wounds of the last had flowed through her brains. White bandages covering up her knees and the palms of her hands. Bandage all over.

She started to press hee palm to her head, trying to ease the pain of her throbbing headache. Like that was going to do anything. She started to slowly start to stand up while supporting her with her night stand. She slowly started to make her way to her closet where she started to pick out her first day outfit.

After a lot of debating and lack of motivation she decided on blue jeans, a black leather belt, black converse, and a pink rock band, Kiss, shirt. She also decided to curl her hair and clip it back with some bobby pins, if her hair was in her face. She started to head downstairs as quietly as possible.

As she was at the foot of the stairs, she could see that the front door was slightly cracked open and the light from the sunrise was shining through. Jackylen started to panic. She slowly started to peek through to see if anyone was outside. But before she could, an unexpected voice came from behind her.

"Good morning Jackie," Nancy said, happy and perky.

"Oh my God Nancy!" Jackylen said startled, practically jumping out of her skin. "You scared the living shit out of me!"

"Come on," the girl across the street said, grabbing on to her arm. As she pulled the startled girl into the kitchen, she could see a stack of two strawberry Eggo waffles on a single plate with syrup.

"What's all of this?" The girl asked the neighbor.

"It's your breakfast. I brought it from my house. I thought you would like some," she said. Jackylen nodded and sat down in front of the plate.

"So what's it like in Hawkins High School?" Jackylen asked.

"Oh you know..." Nancy began, setting her elbows on the table. "You got the jocks and the nerds. The student athletes and the simple people. It's better not to make enemies so early on though. You can stick by me if you'd like?"

"Stick by you? I'm usually the lone wolf kind of person no offense," she responded, stuffing her face full of waffles.

"That's completely fine. But as part of the student volunteer club, I have to give you a tour anyways so you should just stick with me. Just for today." Jackylen paused for a moment then shrugged.

"Okay fine Nancy. I'll stick with you just to make you happy." The comment made the Wheeler girl chuckle a bit before sitting up straight.

"Now come on. Let's go before we're late."

"But... I'm not done," Jackylen sadly mumbled. Jackylen looked up at Nancy with sad puppy dog eyes, trying to ask her to stay.

But without a single word, Nancy grabbed her by the forearm and bragged to her outside. Nancy's 1987 mercury grand marquis colony park station wagon was comfortably sitting in Jackylen's gravel driveway.

"I like the ride, it's nice," Jackylen commented, opening the passenger door.

"Yeah it's nice. It could be cleaner," Nancy jokes, getting in on the driver side.
Once the two girls had got to school, they sat in the car for a hot second before leaving.

"I'll meet you inside Jackie. Get your stuff from the office," Nancy said. Jackylen sat there for a second before getting out of the car in confusion.

She started to walk towards the office in a large parking lot. She wasn't really watching where she was going. Looking down at her converse, seemingly walking in a straight line. Without a single thought, she could feel her shoulder collide with someone else's.

"Hey, watch it jackass!" Jackylen said in annoyance, looking up from her shoes.

"Watch where I'm going? You were looking at your shoes," the guy replied. His hair sprayed hair, his blue striped shirt, and his khaki pants seemed to park a type of anger in Jackylen. Not like anything she had experienced before.

"And what? You in your fancy get up can't do anything wrong. That's mature," Jackylen scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"And what? You in your punk get up can't do anything wrong either? I've bet you're a thief," he said.

"A thief? And I bet you're a preppy rich boy who lives in a mansion near the woods."

"The wood part is right but I wouldn't consider myself rich." Jackylen scoffed and started to walk away.

"Yeah goodbye Mr. Rich Boy. See 'ya around."

"See 'ya around thief." The boy called back. Jackylen headed towards the office to pick up her papers. A light blue paper for her locker, a neon yellow paper for a map of the school, and a light green paper for her class schedule.

Once she got her papers, she started to walk towards her locker, passing by all the students in the hallway. She started to ignore the whispers and the stairs. She knew people would be interested in hee, being the new girl in all. But she wasn't that interested in sticking around.

After a bit of walking, Jackylen had finally found her locker down a crowded hallway with other brown tan lockers. She started to open it, still hearing the chatter from everyone. As she started to put some of her books in her locker, a mysterious boy came beside her.

"You're the new girl right?" The boy confirmed. Jackylen looked over to the boy who looked like he'd just woken out of bed. Throwing on a back hoodie and some jeans.

"How wants to know?" Jackylen replied.

"I do," the boy responded.

"I'm Johnathan Byers school's resident loner boy. It seems like I have some competition."

"Competition my ass," Jackylen mutterd under her breath.

"What did you say?"

"I don't think you would have much competition. I just want to lay low until senior year," she explained.

"Okay," the boy said, hearing the passing bell ring. "What's your first class? I can walk you there." Jackylen scoffed.

"Mr. Smith, 102."

"Good, that's my first class. Come on, I'll show you the ropes. He's a bit of a bitch in the mornings."

"Yeah no shit. Isn't every teacher?"

"Unless they get five cups of coffee in the morning, then yeah." This earned a chuckle between both teens. As they started to walk through the hallways. As the two started to talk more, the more Jackylen became familiar with the school in the town. Once they stopped walking, they stopped in front of a door that said 102.

"Here we are."