Beat Up Girl |chapter 15|

"Nance!" Jackylen called out. The rise of panic started to rise in Jonathan and Jackylen.

"Nancy!" Jonathan yelled. The more they shouted, let's more they could hear a faint voice. But they couldn't find where the voice was coming from.

"Jonathan, Jackylen!" The faint voice called out. "Where are you? Jonathan! Jackylen. I'm right here!"

"We're right here!" Jonathan yelled back, in no particular direction.

"Jackylen!"

"Nancy! We're right here! Nancy!" Jackylen called out, just as confused as Jonathan.

"Follow our voice," Jonathan suggested.

"Jackylen!"

"Just follow our voices Nancy, we're right here!" Jackylen reassured the girl, holding her lighter close.

"Nancy!" Jonathan kept calling out. But a blood curdling scream, ruffled through the trees.

"Nance!" Jackylen yelled, running to where the scream seemed to be resonating from. They were led back to the tree where they found Nancy's bag. Where it seemed a portal made out of rotting melting flesh. A growling sound resonated from the portal as well.

"Nancy, come to my voice! Come on Nancy!" Jonathan yelled. After a few seconds of silence, a hand burst out through the melted portal. "Nancy!"

Jonathan fell to his knees and grabbed onto the hand. He tries to pull it through, but after some tugging, Nancy falls on Jonathan, covered in a slimy goop. Once the three gathered themselves, they all joined in a group hug, not even caring that Nancy was a hot mess. After a while, Nancy pulled out of the hug, tears streaming down her face.

"I wanna go home," she stammered.

"Okay," Jackylen quickly said, pulling some slime off of her face.

"Let's get you home," Jonathan said, standing up and helping Nancy stand up as well.

Once everyone was brushed off and held together for, for the most part, they all piled into the car and headed home. With Jonathan driving, Jackylen in the passenger's seat, and Nancy in the back, spacing out on the conversation the other two teenagers were having.

"What do you think went on in there?" Jonathan asked, one hand on the wheel, looking back from the road and his friend.

"Whatever happened she's clearly traumatized. She can't be left alone," Jackylen said, glancing at Nancy through the rear view mirror. "You should stay with her."

"What?!" Jonathan said, trying not to raise his voice. "Why do I have to? You live across the street?"

"Exactly. We would all be close. You spend the night with her. I'll be across the way and in the morning will come over and we will make a plan." Jonathan let out a sigh as he parked in front of Nancy Wheeler's house.

"I hope you're right."

"Of course I am," Jackylen said, getting out of the car. She looked over to the hood of the car to see Jonathan was getting out of the car as well. "I'm almost always right."

"Almost?" Her face turned pale hearing his words.

"A long time ago I thought some people could change... I was wrong."

She closed the car door and opened the passenger side door and helped Nancy stumble to the porch as Jonathan waitied near hee window, ready to be let in. As Mrs. Wheeler opened the door, Jackylen led Nancy to her room.

Once she sat her in her bed, Jackylen opens the window for Jonathan, and left them be. As Jackylen walked back to her house, she started to see a car pull up in front of the Wheeler house. She saw about four people in the car.

Two brunette guys, one brunette girl, and one red-head girl. When one of the brunette guys got out of the driver's seat, she realized who it was. Even in the darkness covered by his own ego.

"You got to be fucking kidding me," Jackylen groaned a bit to loud.

"What did you say?" The boy said, turning around from the car. Jackylen sighed as she remembered that the small street echoed even a slight word.

She immediately realized what Steve was about to do, but she knew if she told him anything that it would just mess everything up. And besides to her it didn't really matter because Jonathan and Nancy were just friends. Nothing more, right?

"Go home Harrington. It's almost the middle of night," Jackylen called out to him.

"I'll go home when you answer my question from earlier," he replied.

"Oh screw you Harrington. Don't act all high and mighty just because everyone calls you 'King' Harrington. That's just a title. That will burn to the ground after that I can light your hair on fire."

"And what you have is so great? I saw your babysitter posters. Trying to scrape by?"

"Fuck you." She turned around and she started to unlock the door to her house, but as she stepped inside, Steve spoke again, now standing on her lawn.

"Don't try to push away people who are trying to help you. I only care about you because you're my girlfriend's best friend. Stop being a Wisconsin bitch and realize that."

"A bitch?" Jackylen said, shoving her keys in her pocket. "Let's talk about how you're being a dick to your own girlfriend. You're nice to her one second and then an asshole the next. Matter of fact to everyone. So how about you fix that pretty little hair of yours, get back in your car, and go home."

"You know what this is really mature," he scoffed. "A beat up girl trying to tell her best friend's boyfriend to shut the hell up because he's right." Jackylen started to feel anger rise from within her. Like a burning flame.

"Right!?" She started to yell. "You don't know the first thing about me! How the hell can you tell who I am just because I look a certain way! I can say the same thing about you but everyone would tell me I'm wrong! Because 'you know what, 'King' Harrington isn't like that'!"

She turned around and slammed the door behind her, not even wanting to stick around to hear what Steve had to say. Steve watched as the girl slammed the door, with hands on his hips, pissed about her outrage about her attitude. Something arose in him not even Nancy could bring out.

"Steve come on," Tommy said, letting out a puff of smoke. "Do what you need to do and let's go." As Steve looked back at the house, he saw Jackylen looking down at him, with a blank face.

She closed the curtain and returned to her semi statue of tranquility and got ready for bed. Hiding everything in her bag under the bed and looking at a warm hot shower. Washing away the slime on her and all of her feelings. Nothing left.