Drew Blood |chapter 23|

"It's going to come back!" Nancy yelled, fed up with her boyfriend's freak out. "So you need to leave. Right now."

As Steve looked at his girlfriend, he knew she wasn't going to leave. He looked at the other two in the room. He knew that Jonathan wasn't going to leave considering it was his house so that left one other person. Jackylen Dotson. She had a blank expression on her as she held her sword near her side.

She already drew blood. She already was prepared to sacrifice everything for her best friend's brother. She looked down at her feet, singalong to the boy she wasn't leaving. He sighed, as he ran out of the house as fast as he could, fiddling with his car keys so he could get out of there.

But as he opened the driver's side door, on his way to leaving the Byers house, he saw from the window the lights were flickering once more. Even more rapidly than the moment prior. Horror rises in his eyes. And so it did in Jackylen's as she had her back to Jonathan and Nancy.

"Where is it?" Nancy screamed.

"Come on!" Jonathan shouted.

"Come out you sick son of a bitch!" Jackyeln yelled, holding her sword up to defend herself.

"You guys see it?" Nancy asked.

"No. Where-"

"Son of a bitch!" Jackylen yelled, frustrated at the strobing lights. "Where are you!?" As the lights stopped, the room was shadowed by the darkness as a glowering sound erupted from behind the brunette boy.

"Jonathan!" Nancy yelled. Screams followed from all of the teenagers. They had never seen this thing face to face. They forgot what to do, once his face opened up like a flower. But so much worse. The monster, demogorgon, pounced on Jonathan causing him to drop his bat.

"Jonathan!" Jackyeln screamed in horror. She approached the beat with a will to fight and struck it along his side. Growling screams occurred and the following of multiple gunshots. Jackylen ducked slightly and made her next to her friend.

"Go to hell you son of a bitch!" Nancy yelled, still aiming for the thing. As the demogorgon stood up on its two hind legs, it started to back Nancy into a corner. She continued to shoot at it until she ran out of amo. She leaned against the wall, fearing the possible end.

"Over here shitface!" Jackyeln yelled, causing the monster's attention to revert to her. Nancy managed to slip away to find Jonathan. Leaving the monster and her. "Let's dance asshole."

She swung with her sword, striking him on his abdomen. It scratched as it backed the girl against the wall and clawed her under left arm.

"Shit!" As she dropped her katana to cover her wound, she backed up against the wall as the monster mouth opened with a smiley growl. "Oh shit..." she muttered. But as she was ready preparing for her fate, something slammed against the monster's face causing it to scream. The nail bat.

"Harrington?!" Jackylen said, in disbelief.

"Dotson, run!" Steve screamed. As Jackylen grabbed her katana from the floor, and tried to find Jonathan and Nancy. Stev swung the bat a few more times, causing the monster to get stuck in the bear trap, it sprung the yo-yo.

"It's in the trap!" Jonathan yelled.

"Jackylen now!" Nancy yelled. With a blink of an eye, the four teenagers stoop at the end of the hallway watching the struggling monster. Jackylen pulled the lighter from her pocket and flicked it open.

She threw it at the monster and watched it as it blew up in flames. Three of the teenagers covered their eyes from the blaze. Jackyeln stood back as she watched the flames grow. Fire seemed like the simple solution to every problem.

"Get back!" Jonathan yelled holding up a fire extinguisher. Jackyeln snapped out of her trance as someone pulled her back.

As the white flames started to cover the floor, she looked to the side of her to see Nancy watching Jonathan but, who pulled her back from the blaze? As she looked behind her, she saw Steve Harrington watching the blaze while holding her back.

Harrington, covering her of all people from the blaze? Steve looked down at the girl, not expecting her to be staring at him. But for a split second, they locked eyes.

Something in them happens. Either of them knew what it was, but both of them stared back at the extinguish blaze, ignoring the moment prior. Everyone started to couch as they approached the trap.

"Where did it go?" Nancy asked.

"No," Jonathan said. "It has to be dead." They saw burning flesh dripping from the trap. But Jackylen wasn't very interested in the trap but rather the ceiling with the Christmas lights. They started to make a path, leading out of the house. "Mom?"

Jonathan utters under his breath. Tears started to come to the young boy's eyes, but he wouldn't let anyone see it. Jonathan ran outside to his front porch to watch the street light flicker on. The other three teenagers were right behind, watching it all play out.

"Where's it going?" Nancy asked.

"I don't think that's the monster," Jonathan replied, gazing at the street light. As Jackylen staired at the street light, it began to become hazy as her knees gave out. She stumbled, grabbing the wooden pole next to her.

"Jackylen?" Nancy asked, quickly walking over to the girl. This fought the other two boys' attention. They admediatly rushed over to help her up.

"Guys... I'm fine," she groaned, trying to stand up. "I think I just have whiplash or something."

"No," Steve said, whipping something off her upper arm. "Dotson. You're bleeding..." Everyone reverted they're attention to the wound. It was deep for sure considering the blood all over. "How did you get this?"

"The monster I think." Jonathan and Steve helped her stand up as they led her inside. They laid her on the couch as Nancy went to go get the first aid-kit since they ran out of bandages from the bathroom.

"I've got it," Nancy said, opening the kit and kneeling by the young girl's side. "This is too deep just to hold together with a bandage."

"J," Jackyeln winced in pain as Nancy examined the wound. "Get Nancy a lighter."

"What?" He asked, confused.

"Jonathan get her a damn lighter." Confused as he was, he went to the kitchen to find a lighter.

"Jackyeln, what are you doing?" Nancy whispered.

"Harrington," she began, ignoring Nancy's question. "Get the booze in the kitchen."

"What!?"