Rich Boy = Steve H. |chapter 4|

More time had passed by, Jackylen was on the couch, with the foil still in her hair, watching the news, with a hot cup of coffee in hand. It was talking about the weather and how in about an hour, a thunderstorm was coming over the small town of Hawkins. After a while of sitting and practically doing nothing, she started to hear a car pulling up outside.

She slowly started to approach the door, and tried to look through the peephole. Since she couldn't get a good view, she decided to open the door to have a better look. From the doorway, she could see that an unusual car was parked in front of the Wheeler's house, mostly near Nancy's window.

She could see a figure standing by the car, gazing at the window which led to Nancy's room. She started to walk outside onto her green grass to take a better look at the person.

"What the hell are you doing?" She shouted to the person. As the person turned around, she knew exactly who it was. "Holy shit," she said, under her breath.

"No fucking way!" The boy yelled. "It's a little miss thief. You look like shit. What going on with-" he gestured to his hair.

"Dying my hair. Doing something new. What about you? What are you doing here?" She asked. She looked from the boy to the two story house then back at the boy. As she started to realize why he was there, she knew who he was.

"Shit."

"What's wrong?"

"Your King Steve 'the hair' Harrington. The King of Hawkins High. Nancy's boyfriend." He scoffed at her new found information.

"So what?" He asked, hands on his hips. She scoffed and started to take a sip of her coffee. "Come on man, you have to tell me."

"It's funny really. You're my best friend's boyfriend so I have to hate you more than I already do," she explained.

"You hate me? That's mature," the boy scoffed. Jackylen was wondering what the boy was thinking, standing outside his girlfriend's house at night. And Steve was wondering why some insane person dye their hair and talked to their best friend's boyfriend.

"What color is it?" The boy asked, trying to make small talk.

"Excuse me!?" The girl lightly chuckled.

"The new hair?"

"Oh it's kind of a pink color? It's hard to explain without showing," she laughed. They both stood there for a long time. Both now stand on the edge of the opposite side of the long road. "So. Why are you popular in school? What did I honestly do? Punch a teacher? Set the parking lot on fire? Slept with a teacher?"

Steve laughed at Jackylen's badgering questions.

"Do you seriously only think that's why I'm popular? Is that the only way to be popular in Wisconsin?" He retarded.

"Ah. You remember. I didn't take for you to remember a simple thing as where I moved from," she commented. He didn't think he would remember either.

But something about her, in his eyes, made him stand up and pay attention. Not like anyone else ever had. After a while of both of the teens staring into each other's eyes, they broke out of their trance.

"I should-" Steve tried to speak.

"No no I get it. I hate you. You hate me... Go 'study' with Nancy. I think she's been waiting long enough," Jackylen said, taking a sip of coffee. As she started to walk backwards, she watched as the boys turned back around and started to climb the house to Nancy's window.

Once she headed inside, she tried to take another sip of coffee, but when she looked inside, she realized she already drank all of the coffee ground goodness. She gave a sigh before heading towards the kitchen to make another cup. As she started up the Melitta Deluxe 132 Drip Brew coffee machine, she looked over at the oven that she previously used to make pizza rolls.

She looked back at the pantry then back at the oven. Even though she was tired, she made her way to the pantry to observe its food contents. When she looked around, she found a box of fudge brownie mix. When she looked at the ingredients on the box, she realized she had all the supplies to make some.

She added the brownie mix to a large bowl and added three tablespoons of water, half cup of vegetable oil, two eggs, and a cup and a half of chocolate chips. Once she was done mixing and pouring, she placed the mix into a pan and then in the oven. As she waited for fudge to be done, she sat back on the couch with her new cup of coffee.

Once she knew it would take a long time for it to cook, she decided to take out the hair foil and wash it. When she was done with her hair, put on some fresh clothes, and finished yet another cup of coffee, she realized she just couldn't eat all of the fudge by herself. She had the best plan and wasted no time putting it in motion.

She quickly ran out of the house and headed to the nearest phone booth. She started frantically flipping through the large yellow phone book filled with many phone numbers and addresses. Once she found the one she was looking for, she ripped the page out of the book and headed back to her house.

She quickly cut the brownie into even squares, and put them on a porcelain plate. She quickly grabbed her fathers car keys, an umbrella, and headed out to the front where she saw her dad's Ford Carpi 2.8i dark ocean blue car. She ran over to the car and jumped in the driver's seat while she placed the treats in the seat next to her.

She held the thin paper as she drove along the road, trying to find the house she was most desperately trying to find. Road by road. It wasn't helpful that she didn't know where she was going, or that it was dark, but she knew that she had to do this one thing. This one thing she couldn't shake.

Much like the boy who was her best friend's boyfriend. She still thought about him, even though that was not what she was even relatively not what she was doing. Once she found the right road, she turned right and headed a bit farther.

When she finally found the right house, she pulled into the long gravel driveway. When she parked close enough to the two story house, she proceeded to get out of the car, with the brownies, and walked up to the door.

Once she was standing on the porch, a brownie plate in hand. She took one hand off the plates to knock on the door. After a few seconds of standing, someone answered the door.

"Hey," Jackylen said.

"Hi," the boy said.