Heroes Blood |chapter 21|

Jonathan snapped out of his gazed mood and perked his ears up. Castle Byers was the place Will always hung out at.

"Will?" Eleven said. Joyce gasped at the name.

"You tell him tell him I'm coming," Joyce frantically said. "Mom is coming."

"Hurry," a voice from the radio said.

"Holy shit..." Jackylen said. "Will." Everyone started to become hopeful and scared all at once. They had no idea what to do.

"Okay listen," Joyce stuttered. "You tell him... to stay where he is. We're coming. We're coming, okay honey?"

As crying erupted from the walkie-talkie, Eleven sprung up in her and ripped off the goggles. Without another thought, Jackylen reached over to the young girl and held her close.

"It's okay," Jackylen reassured her. "You're okay. Nothing is going to hurt you. You're okay... I'm so proud of you."

As the Eleven wheeped in her arms, he also held the older girl close, afraid if she let go, that... thing would take her. After a while, Jackylen pulled her out of the kiddie pool and wrapped her up in a towel Mike had found and left her with the boys.

She scowled the halls for her friend until she landed on the hallway with a Tigers head printed on the wall and Nancy leaning against it, stunned. Jackson sat next to her staring at her friend, not knowing what to do.

"She's dead..." Nancy stuttered, not looking at her friend.

"I know," Jackylen replied.

"We went to a party with her and now she's dead."

"I know."

"How are you not freaked out," she said, finally looking at her friend with tears in her eyes.

"I'm very good at compartmentalizing. It's my specialty."

"Screw that." Jonathan had finally entered with a slam of the two doors behind him. He sat on the other side of Nancy, not wanting to talk. But someone did. "We have to go back to the station."

"What?" Jonathan said.

"Your mom and Hopper are just walking in there like bait. That thing is still in there. And we can't just sit around here and let it get them, too. We can't."

"Nancy what the hell are you suggesting?" Jackylen asked.

"You still want to try it out?" Jonathan caught on.

"I wanna finish what we started. I want to kill it," Nancy said.

"What about the kids?" Jackylen asked, totally on board.

"They can't come with us. For sure."

"Okay. I'll tell them." Jackylen sprung up and headed to the gym where the boys and Eleven gave them the quick news. "All of you are staying here until we come back. No one moves."

"What the hell are you guys doing?" Lucas shouted, watching Jackylen run out the gym in a rush.

"Saving everyone's ass." Jackylen's headed into the backseat of Jonathan's car and wasted no time going to the station.

Going over the speed limit didn't seem as fun as previous times but, they were trying to save the town. Once they got to the station, the three sneaked by the officer on duty and made they're way to Hopper's office.

Since the box and katana were sitting right on top of his desk. The three teens got everything and headed to the one place they could set it all up. The Byers house. As Nancy was cleaning the hallway near Will's room, Jackylen and Jonathan were in charge of screwing all the Christmas lights back in the string. But Jonathan didn't really pay much attention to what he was doing.

"Dude," Jackyeln whisper-yelled. "I told you to stop looking at her."

"I can't help it," Jonathan whisper-yelled back.

"Stop she has a boyfriend. Let it go."

"And what your saying you don't like anyone who's in a relationship?"

"One," Jackylen began, offended to say the least. "Movie starts and book characters don't fucking count. And two I'm not thinking about that right now. We're hunting a monster. Not people's hearts."

"Shut up."

"You shut up with your lovey-dovey feelings for Nancy Wheeler!"

"Is everything okay in there?" Nancy shouted from the hallway.

"Everything's fine, Nance," Jackyeln called back. "Nothing to worry about." Once Jackyeln looked back at the brunette hair boy, she started to do the death stare at him as he looked down in shame. "Get over it," she repeated, returning her focus to the lights.

"I can't," Jonathan repeated.

"Do it!" Jackyeln demanded. "It will save me a lot of trouble to deal with your pathetic love life." He scoffed.

After tirelessly working in cleaning the house, screwing the Christmas lights bulbs back in, nailing in the near trap, hammered nails into three wood bats, bullets in the gun,and setting up the spring trap that led to Will's room, they were ready.

There they stood in the living room huddled around like a football team before they started a quarter. With kitchen knives in all of their hands as weapons at the ready.

"Remember..." Jonathan said.

"Straight into Will's room. And-" Nancy said.

"Don't step on the trap," Jonathan added.

"Wait for the yo-yo to move. Then..." Jackyeln said, flicking open her lighter. She always had a lighter on her. But it was a shame it was her favorite.

"Alright. Are you guys ready?" Jonathan asked, gripping onto his nailed baseball bat.

"Ready," Nancy said.

"Let's light this bitch up," Jackylen said, staring down at the knife in her hand. The three all held up they're hands with the knife on it. It was a crazy plan. Insane even, but it would all be worth it in the end. They all wanted to make sure they were in it together.

"I do wonder," Jackylen pointed out, staring up at what would be the stars. "Why did we have to use a smiley face yo-yo?"

"Because that's all we could find," Nancy said in disbelief.

"Yeah. Right...."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing..."

"Jackie..." Jonathan said sternly.

"Fine I'll stop," Jackyeln admitted. "But you owe me a beer after this. I'm going to need something to take me off the edge for this hole."

"Deal, can you shut up now?" Nancy caved.

"On three," Jonathan reminded the girls. "One... two...You guys don't have to do this-"

"Jonathan stop talking," Nancy demanded.

"I'm just saying you guys don't have to-"

"Screw it!" Jackelyn announced. "Three!" Jackylen was the first. She slid the blade against her palm, causing a streak of crimson blood to drip on the floor.

Once the other two realized what they're friend had done, they followed closely behind her. Jackylen stood there with a devilish smirk on her face as she watched the blood fall. She saw blood in her life. Not like this. This was the blood of three heroes.