Truly Sorry |chapter 6|

The next morning, Jackylen woke up early to get ready, so she could take the car to school without her father knowing. Jackylen threw in a pair of light blue skinny jeans, a black and white striped shirt, a dark blue zip up jacket, only zipped half way, and some black converse as always.

She decided to beach wave her hair and did a dark smokey eye for some flair. She took off the bandage from her feet and knees. The cuts were still healing, but good enough to take the protective seal off. Once she got everything in her bag for school, she took the keys to the car and headed out the door like always.

When she was outside she realized that Nancy had already left for school. That was fine for Jackylen, for the most part, but it bothered Jackylen a bit only because she didn't really know her way around town yet. She sighed and she reluctantly got into the car and started to head to school.

As she drove, she turned on the radio and started to hum to all the songs that came on. It didn't matter if she knew the song or not, she did it anyway. Once she pulled up to the school, she parked in the farest parking space possible from the school. She didn't like confrontation that much.

As she started to walk to school, she saw Nancy walking with one of her friends, still trying to study for the stupid test. When Jackylen started to walk to her next class, she started to walk with the two girls.

"Hey Nancy," Jackylen said. "Nancy's friend." The ginger gave her a slight nod before the long haired brunette in the middle stopped.

"Oh I'm so sorry. Jackylen this is Barbara. Barb short. Barb this is Jackylen. She just moved here." The two girls who just got familiar with each other, nodded again, exchanging the look of acknowledgement. For the girls to start walking again, a group of teenagers approached them, taking Nancy's colorful study cards.

"Hey!" Barb whined, rubbing her ear.

"I think you've studied enough Nance," the boy commented, flipping through the cards.

"Steve-" Nancy tried to justify.

"I'm telling you, you know, you got this. Don't worry. Now, on to the more important matters. My dad has left twon on a conference and my mom's gone with him, 'cause, you know, she doesn't trust him."

"Good call," the other boy said.

"So... are you in?"

"In for what?" Nancy asked, a bit confused on the question.

"No parents? Big house?" The other girl tried to point it out.

"Nance. He's saying he wants to have a fuck boy party at his house," Jackylen's whispered into the girls ear.

"Ding, ding ding!"

"It's Tuesday," Nancy pointed out.

"'It's Tuesday'," the boy mocked. "Oh my God."

"It'll be low key. It'll just be us. What do you say? Are you in or are you out?" Steve asked. But before she could give an answer the random girl, Carol, was staring in the opposite direction, pointing out the show behind the group. It was Jonathan Byers hanging up a poster he had made up of his missing brother Will.

"Oh God that's depressing."

"Should we say something?" Nancy asked.

"I don't think he speaks," Carol commented.

"How much do you want to bet he killed him?" The boy, Tommy, asked.

"Shut up," Steve said, shoving him.

"I don't know about you Nance, but I am," Jackylen said, walking past the group. The girl approached the greasing boy and looked up at him with sorrowful eyes.

"Hey Johnathan, how is everything since I last saw you?" Jackylen asked. This brought a slight smile to the boy's facing, knowing she saw him only a few hours before.

"Well my mom ate all the brownies and had a sugar crash. Then this morning she was worried she'd didn't have enough money to pay for the posters," he explained.

"Well I have something for you," Jackylen told him. The pink haired girl reached into a small pocket of her backpack and pulled out a small roll of twenty-five bucks and a little yellow post it. "Here. This is some cash, if you need to make more copies, and this is my number if you need to call."

"Jackylen..." Johnathan said, looking down at the types the girl shoved into his hands.

"Please take it. You need it more than I do right now."

"Jackylen. This is your money..."

"And this is how I want to spend it. To help out my friend and his family... I am truly sorry for what happened to your brother. You guys don't deserve any of this." As the two shared a glance, Jackylen felt a presence behind her.

"Hey," Nancy said.

"I'll leave you too alone to chat," Jackylen whispered to Johnathan, giving him a light tap on the shoulder before heading back to the group. As the group started at the two talking, Jackylen looked up at Steve, who had darting eyes on Jonathan.

"Come on dude. They're just talking," Jackylen told him. As the boy looked down at Jackylen, he didn't feel like talking about his personal life with her.

"So, are you coming to the party?" He asked, clearly not wanting to talk about it.

"Good excuse to party," Jackylen said, now looking back at Jonathan and Nancy.

"Dude I think that's a yes," Tommy said, nudging him in the shoulder. As the bell rang, Nancy headed back towards the group, and they all headed to their respective classes as the announcements came on, talking about the assembly for Will after school at eight.

After school was over, Jackylen drove back home as soon as possible so she could change her outfit for the party. After hours of going through outfit after outfit, she finally decided on a red flannel bottom up, black jean shorts, and the O.G black converse.

She got the address from Steve in the last period of the day, knowing she wouldn't be riding with Nancy for Barb. She asked Steve hours before if she was allowed to show up to the party early. But he'd only agree if she brought extra drinks, which wasn't a problem.

Before Jackylen headed out the door, near sunset, she grabbed her flask full of Jin and her black handled switchblade. She put both of them in her back pocket and carried the three, six packs of beer to the car and put it in the trunk of the car. She started to drive around town and finally arrived at the house that was presumed to be Steve Harrington's.

When she got out of the car, and took the beers, she headed to the front door, blasting loud music coming from the backyard. When she nocked on the door, a few seconds later, the two doors opened wide.

"Dotson. So nice for you to make it. I mean with the extra booze."