Boy in the Hallway |chapter 3|

"Are you ready?" The boy asked, putting his hand on the girl's shoulder. This started the girl which made her flinch a bit.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just need a minute," the girl reasherded him. As Johnathan walked into class, the bell started to ring, signifying class was beginning.

Jackylen stood there for a moment, staring at the numbers on the door. With one deep breath, Jackylen opened up the door to the classroom, and was presented with one old teacher and about eighteen students.

"Oh hello," the teacher said. Jackylen started to examine the class. Her new found friend, Jonathan, in the front and the boy from the parking lot, sitting by the left window. She sighed at the sight of the boy from the parking lot and headed towards the front with the teacher.

The boy from the parking lot, Steve Harrington, had other thoughts. He watched as the new girl from the parking lot, he saw her flowing brunette hair flow with the wind of her steps. He watched as she stood next to the old teacher, right in front of everyone.

"Hello everyone. This is our new student Jackylen Dotson," the teacher announced. The teacher put a reaching hand on her shoulder which made her flinch once again. Her friend Johnathan didn't notice once again but Steve did.

He noticed the sudden movement, and took notice that no one else saw. The boy started to correct his position in his seat and started to pay more attention than usual.

"Tell us more about yourself?"

"Well... I moved from Wisconsin. And I guess I like rock music," Jackylen told the class. Right when Mr. Smith took his hands off of Jackylen, she bolted to the back row in the one empty chair no one was sitting.

For the rest of class, Jackylen sat in her seat, occasionally looking up to see the boy from the parking lot's hair. The over hair sprayed hair. The hair that just seemed to stir something in her no one has. Not even her own father.

Sure the old man made her mad but not like this. The feeling of something. Unfinished business of some sort. But Steve Harrington was intrigued by this new character. The new girl who rolled into town with no explanation whatsoever only that she came from Wisconsin. One of the many places where he knew it showed.

Throughout that hour and thirty minutes of class, he occasionally looked back at the brunette girl, scratching away at her one person desk. Having her hand on the left side, supporting her body weight. But for a split second, his bright hazel met with her dark chocolate brown eyes, for a slight second of silence fled over the room.

Sadly the bell signifying class was over, had rung. Out of Jackylen's peripheral vision, she could see all the other teenagers leaving the room. Prompting her to do the same. She quickly shook the weird anxious feeling, and headed out.

She looked up from her shoes once again and was presented to Johnathan, talking to the principal. Once they were talking, he walked over to Jackylen in despair.

"Uhm... we can't find my brother... my mom wants me to help her go look for him-" he tried to explain.

"No need. Go home. Change. Go help your mom find your brother. See you tomorrow. I'll be fine," Jackylen reassured him. He gave a slight nod before sprinting through the halls, out the two metal doors.

Even though Jackylen was sad her first real school friend left, she turned around and started to head towards her next class. But before she even looked a step forward, he saw the boy from the parking lot standing across the hallway. But he wasn't walking like every other student.

He was standing there, staring back at her. Their eyes interlocked once again. Everything around them seemed to be slowing down into a blurry haze. Jackylen Dotson and Steve Harrington, in one hallway, ignoring any and all outside noise possible.

Right as someone bumped shoulders with Jackylen, she was brought out of the crazy trance she was placed in by the boy and headed towards her class another way.

She passed by people one by one, bumping shoulders, squirming between people. But her mind was somewhere else. Not on the studies that she was just present with, or her new best friend who had to leave in a rush. But it was the boy from the parking lot. The douchebag who just seemed to strike a nerve in her no one else ever did.

The boy she just met. The boy she didn't know the name of. Something started to spark in her. A feeling she'd never felt before. But she was supposed to hate this boy. She thought she hated this boy but it was something else.

After the rest of Jackylen's classes had finished. She wasted no time rushing over to Nancy's car, where she was already sitting in the driver's seat.

"Hey Jackie ready to-" Nancy tries to say, bulking herself up.

"Can we just go Nanc... I just have to go do something," Jackylen said, not making eye contact with the girl, but rather looking out the window.

"So where do you need to go?"

"Drug store, I need to do some thing different," she explained. She looked at the girl who was driving, having a spark of realization in her eyes. "Do you want to help me dye my hair?"

"Dye your hair?" Nancy asked. "Are you crazy? Won't your parents be mad?"

"I don't think they would care all that much," Jackylen whispered under her breath.

"What was that?" The girl asked.

"They won't care," Jackylen simply replied from her statement.

The rest of the car ride was pretty silent, only the occasional wind from outside flowed over the silents of the two girls. Once they got to the drug store, Jackylen wasted no time gathering the supplies she needed.

30 volume bleach, dark muted pink hair dye, two hair dying brushes, two dye bowls, gloves, an old shirt, purple shampoo, and hair foil. After everything was paid for, the two teens sped back to Jackylen's house to start dying her hair.

First they started to highlight her hair with the bleach as much as possible. Once they watched out for the excess bleach, they started the dying process with the dark muted pink. They wrapped it in the hair foil and sat there for what felt like forever.

"Crap I gotta go. You'll be fine right?" Nancy asked the girl covered with foil.

"Yeah go I'll be fine," Jackylen smiles, as she led the girl out the door.