Interrogated |chapter 18|

This, of course making Steve angrier than before, he tackled Jonathan like a football player, sending him onto the gravel street way beneath their feet. As Nancy tried to plead for Steve to stop, Jackylen tried to get on top of him, to attempt to pull him off.

But with no luck, Tommy H. came over and pulled her off and pinning her against the wall with a slam. Head first. She kicked and screamed for Steve to stop as well and for Tommy to get off of her.

"Harrington, get off of him!" She yelled.

"Yeah Steve kick his ass!" Tommy said shortly after.

"Get your dirty hands off of me!"

"Make me princess!" As Jackylen looked over, both of the boys were now on they're feet, ready to battle it out. Then as Carol got scared, she had second thoughts. So did Tommy.

"Get in there," she ordered her boyfriend, causing him to let go of the girl. "He's going to hurt himself!"

"Easy, easy!" He called out, pulling Jonathan away from Steve.

"Hey. Hey! Get out of here!" Steve ordered. "Get out of here!" Jonathan swung a huge left hook, and could have knocked Steve out if he didn't duck.

As he spring up, he made a quick right jab causing him to stumble for a bit. Jonathan punched him again, causing the crowd to fall silent and worried. Were they taking it too far?

"Jonathan stop!" Nancy shouted. "Stop! You're going to hurt him!"

Jackylen took a tel back, surprised by the girl's words. She wouldn't think that she would defend Steve. Even though they were dating, what Steve did was wrong. Even Jackylen knew that.

As Jonathan punches Steve, something in him gave up and stumbles to the ground. As Jonathan got on top of him, sirens started to emerge from the streets, causing the people watching to stop. But not Jonathan.

"Guys it's the cops!" Jackylen said, looking around her.

"Shit!" Tommy said, under his breath.

"Guys- Jonathan!" Nancy yelled.

"J, come on!" Jackylen shouted. "You can beat him up later right now we have to go!"

Even as the cops pulled up, Jonathan kept on punching Steve, even as his fist and Steve's face were bleeding. As Carol and her friend ran away, Tommy stayed for Steve as Nancy and Jackylen did for Jonathan.

"He's had enough man!" Tommy said, trying to pull him away. But the oldest Byers boy just pushed him away and kept on punching.

Punching and punching until after accidentally hitting one officer, another dragged him away on top of the car in the alley. Steve and Tommy ran, getting followed by one policeman while Jonathan was getting arrested from the other.

Jackylen started to hold Nancy, seeing she was the most freaked out person there. Both of the girls wat he'd as they're friend had been arrested. The charges, they did not knows but they knew they were going to the station for sure. Once the officer put Jonathan in the back of his cruiser, he looked at the young girls.

"Does this boy have a car parked nearby?" He asked. The girls nodded. "Do either one of you have his keys. Jackylen held some keys up without a blink while Nancy started to question.

"Don't ask," Jackylen whispered to her.

"Meet us down at the station and you'll be questioned."

"And if we don't?" Jackylen asked.

"Then you'll be in handcuffs sitting beside your friend." Nancy sighed as the two walked out of the alley way back to Jonathan's car. As Jackylen speed walked, not paying any attention to her surroundings, her body was as tense.

"What do we tell the police?" Nancy began. "Do we tell them Seve provoked him? Or do we tell them Jonathan punched first? Or that we don't know?"

"We don't say anything," Jackylen simply said, opening the driver's side door. As she hopped in, Nancy sat in the passenger seat, trying to catch her breath.

"Start the car," Nancy said.

"Fine," Jackylen said. For a second she trussled around and found the red and blue wires to start the car.

"I thought you had his keys!" Nancy said, panicking realizing what she was doing.

"I pulled out a pair OF keys," Jackylen said, hitting the two wires together. After a few seconds she started the car and started to put it in gear. "I never said they were his."

As they made they're way to the police station, Nancy immediately followed the secretary to the break room for some ice for Jonathan's hand while Jackylen was pulled away to a officers desk.

"Jackylen Dotson," the officer said. "Can you tell us what happened in the alley way with Steve and Jonathan?" She stayed silent. "Were they drunk? Did you throw a beer bottle at Steve Harrington's head? Who hit first?"

"I feel like I'm being interrogated," she pointed out, crossing her arms.

"Just tell us what happened," the officer demanded.

"I don't have to tell you anything without a lawyer. So you either get me that phone call or I'll talk to Hooper."

"Chief Hopper isn't here right now-"

"Then radio his damn ass and get him over here!"

"Ms. Dotson-"

"Now!" As the officer took a deep breath he started to radio the Chief. After a while, Jim Hopper and Joyce came through the front doors and by this time Jackylen was standing behind the two, very close, teenagers. As Joyce looked angry, Hopper seemed rather calm.

"Hey! Jonathan?" Joyce said. "Jesus, what... what happens?"

"Ma'am..." the officer who was interviewing Jackylen said.

"I'm fine," Jonathan said, holding the cloth full of ice. Jackylen smacked him on the back of his head.

"Don't lie to your mother," Jackylen said, slightly pissed off.

"Why is he wearing handcuffs?" She asked the man.

"Well," the man started. "Your boy assaulted a police officer. That's why."

"Take them off."

"I am afraid I cannot do that."

"Take them off!"

"You heard her," Hopper said.

"Take 'em off."

"Chief, I get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you need to see," another police officer said, rather concerningly. After the officers headed to the car, they came back with the cardboard boxes of supplies from earlier. Even the katana.

"What is this?" Joyce asks, rummaging through it.

"Why don't you ask your son? We found it in his car," Hooper said, not blinking away from Jonathan.

"Why were you going through my car?" Jonathan asked, defensively.

"Is that really a question you should be asking right now? I'll see you in my office."

"You won't believe us," Jackylen interjected.

"Why don't you give me a try, Dotson?" He said, leaning over them.