Don't Give a Damn |chapter 22|

Not long after searching, Jackyeln found some bandages in the bathroom and came back with three of them. Since the knives they used were covered in blood, Jackylen started to cut them with her katana to 'save time'.

"Jackie be careful," Nancy said, holding her cut hand to stop the bleeding.

"Nance I'll be fine," Jackyeln said, not looking up from the bandage. "I already have a cut, what's another one?"

Once the strips were cut, Jonathan wrapped Nancy and Jackylen hand as Nancy wrapped his. Once Jackyeln was all bandaged up, she sat on the coffee table, watching the other two at work. But a slight creek drew them all out of they're trance.

"Did you hear that?" Nancy asked.

"It's just the wind," Jonathan reasherded her. "Don't worry. My mom, she said the lights speak when it comes."

"Speak?"

"Blink. Think of them as alarms." Nancy continued to wrap his hand.

"Is that too tight?"

No, it's fine. Thanks." As her hand slightly pulled away, she stopped for a second as they're hands started to become a sort of a grip.

"Nancy?"

"Yeah?" Banging on the door filled the room, causing the three to jump.

"Jonathan?" A voice called out through the door. "Are you there, man? It's... it's Steve. Listen I just want to talk."

"You got to be fucking kidding me," Jackylen said, getting up from the table. "Why didn't the lights warn us about him?" As Jackyeln made her way to the door, she opens it slightly, trying to hide the two on the couch.

Of course that didn't help. but she had her katana in her right hand which was behind the door. She thought it would be better to cut her left hand for that exact same reason.

"Go away Harrington," she demanded.

"Hey Dotson... what-" he stutters, not believing she was there.

"Get your ass out of here."

"I'm not trying to start anything I swear, okay?"

"I don't give a shit. Get your damn ass off this porch."

"No, no, no. Listen, I messed up, okay?"

"Does it look like I give two flying fucks right now, Harrington?!"

"I messed up, okay? I want to make things right. Okay? Please..." His gaze traveled to the young girl's left hand in the doorway, the bandage that covers up the gash. "Hey, what the hell happened to your hand?" He stammered. He tried to take it for a better look. "Is that blood?" She pulled away.

"Harrington, it was a damn accident. Can you leave now?"

"What's going on?"

"Nothing that is your concern."

"Jackylen..." Nancy whispered from behind.

"Wait, is Nancy in there with you?" Steve asked. "Did Jonathan hurt you guys?" He tried to push his way through.

"Harrington, get back in your car!"

"No, let me in!"

As he pushes past her, he saw Nancy sliding away from Jonathan with a similar bandage that Jackyeln had on her hand. Not to mention the nail bat on the coffee table and all the Christmas lights above them.

"Why is... what the..." he tried to say.

"You need to get out of here," Jonathan said, pushing away with his non-dominant hand.

"Whoa. What is all-"

"Listen to me. I'm not asking you, I'm telling you, get out of here!"

"What is that smell? Is that... is that gasoline!?" As Jackyeln saw Nancy getting her gun, she pulled her katana out of the case and stood by Nancy as she pointed the gun at her boyfriend.

"Steve, get out!" She shouted.

"Wait," Steve stutterd. Jonathan backed away. "What!? What is going on?!"

"Harrington, you have five damn seconds to get out of here," Jackylen said, holding her sword in a defensive position. Steve started to plead for his life as he put his hands up to stop them.

"Wait, where the hell did you get that? Is this a joke? Stop. Put the gun and sword down."

"I'm doing this for you," Nancy said.

"Frankly I don't give a damn," Jackylen chimed in.

"Nancy... Jackie," Jonathan said, trying to get their attention as the lights flickered.

"Wait. Is this a... What is this?" Steve screamed.

"Three," Nancy began to count. "Two."

"No, no, no, no!" Steve shouted.

"Jackie! Nancy!" Jonathan screamed. "The lights." Jackylen and Nancy started to put their weapons down and stared at the ceiling with the flashing blue, red, yellow, and green lights. "It's here."

"Wait, what's here?" Steve asked, confused about what he'd walked into. As Jonathan grabbed the bat Steve kept on screaming.

"Where the hell is it?" Jackylen asked, looking around.

"Where is what?" Jackyeln and Nancy kept on swinging their weapons around to ding the monster. "Whoa! Easy with those!"

"Where is it?" Nancy asked. "I don't know," Jonathan said.

"I don't see it."

"Where is what!?" Steve screamed, trying to find answers. "Hello? Will someone please explain to me what the hell is going-"

The plaster from the ceilign started to fall as the monster tried to burst through. The monster roared as Nancy began to shoot at it. Jonathan pulled her away as he realized the monster wasn't going to stop.

"Get out of here!" Jonathan shouted, leading everyone to Will's room. "Jump!"

"Oh, my God! Oh, my God!" Steve repeated, jumping over the trap and into the youngest Byers room. Once the door was closed, Steve still continued to freak out. "Jesus! Jesus! What the hell was that!?"

"Shut up!" Jonathan and Nancy said.

As Nancy pointed the gun at the growling door, Jonathan held up his bat as Jackylen pulled out the lighter and katana. They all tried to catch their breaths as the lights flickered around them.

"What the fuck is it doing?" Jackylen asked.

"I don't know..." Jonathan replied. As the lights suddenly settled, the three became suspicious.

"Do you hear anything?" Nancy asked.

"No," Jonathan said, prompting the three to drop they're weapons.

"I swear to fucking God if it's not out there..." Jackyeln muttered. As she slowly opened the door, she started to trail out with Jonathan, Nancy, and Steve behind her. Weapons at the ready.

But once they saw the trap, they realized it was untouched. As they made their way through the house back to the living room, Steve was the first to break the utter silence.

"This is crazy. This is crazy. This is crazy," he muttered, having a total freak out. He admittedly reached for the mounted phone on the wall and started to call someone for help. But before it could even ring, Nancy snatched it out of his hand and threw it across the floor.

"What are you doing!? Are you insane!?"