A Little Blood |chapter 10|

The sun shined down on Hawkins once again. Everyone started to get ready for school but Jonathan Byers who was at the coroner's office bright and early, trying to identify his little brother's body. It was all too hard for the young teenage boy. After this his mother was convicted, that wasn't her kid.

He had to deal with all the funeral arrangements himself. But the other person that was on his mind that wasn't family was his best friend. Jackylen Dotson. She was at school on the shared lawn space, reading her favorite book, the new Stephen King novel, IT. As she read the dancing words on the page, her ears were somewhere else. She was overhearing a conversation by three teenage girls.

"Do you really think he killed him?" The blonde girl said.

"Well of course he's a loner by choice and his brother is..." the raven girl tried to say.

"A weird D&D freak?" The ginger haired girl finished.

"They're both freaks, what do you expect? They're mother is going crazy, have you seen her?" The blonde asked.

A rise in anger rose in Jackylen, knowing that her best friend wasn't there to defend himself and his family. It was sad to know that people really thought Jonathan killed is only brother. The brother that he loved more than his own father.

"He didn't kill his brother," Jackylen told them, not looking up from her book. "Why would he kill is only brother? Have you've every thought of that or all of you just to stupid."

"Did you just call us stupid?" The strawberry blonde said.

"If the blond wig fits," she simply replied, turing the page.

"You take that back," the ginger said, getting closer to the girl.

"I can't take back something that's ture ginger," Jackylen informed them, now glairing up at the girl through her eyelashes.

"And what? The new girl knows everything?" The raven haired girl said, now the three girls information like a triangle, the blonde on top.

"Look," Jackylen began, closing her book and standing up to face them. "I can tell right now that your all the preppy girls who are probably a part of the cheer team. All of you think that your something  but in reality your all some annoying bitches no one wants to be around. So how about all of you take your pathetic asses somewhere else. Perferably not near me."

The blonde had a rising anger in her. She couldn't say anything back to the girl with the pink tips. Instead she rose her hand and slapped in across Jackylen's face, erupting gasps from anyone who saw. Instead of being stund or in shock like everyone else, Jackylen just stood there with a smirk appearing on her lips.

"You really want to play that way, blondie?" Jackylen slightly laughed. "Fine, let's play."

Without a second thought, Jackylen grabbed the blonde's shoulders and threw her to the other side, away from the other two. The girl tries to sucker punch the brunette, but she was too smart for that.

With the shift of her feet, she quickly moved to the right a swung a good right hook, knocking her right off her toes. The blonde heald her red cheek looking at Jackylen, fire flaming in her eyes. A crowd started to form arouns the girls, two of them including Nacy and Steve.

"You bitch!" The blonde screamed, lunging herself twords the girl.

Jackylen swiftly moved out of the way causing the blonde to have her back to the brunette. She quickly grabbed onto the girls blonde locks and held them tight as she pulled them as hard as she could, causing the girl to fall back onto the muddy grass. Jackylen stood over the girl, having one feet on each side of the girls body.

"For a blonde, your fighting is kind of shitty," Jackylen commented, before sucker punching the girl right in the nose. But before she could sing another punch, she heard a voice from the crowd.

"Principal! Scatter!"

Jackylen quickly got off the girl and ran to get her things. Everyone was scrabbling to get away. Jackylen started to run as fast as possible, trying avoid getting caught. But before she could make it to the safety of the school parking lot, she was stopped by a farmiliar face.

"Dotson! What the hell was that about?" The boy asked, grabbing the girls shoulders to stop her.

"Harrington! Let me go!" Jackylen demanded, trying to squirm her way out. When she finally got out of Steve's grasp, she was too late.

"Your coming with me Ms. Dotson," a voice said.

As she turned around she saw the principal standing before her, more pissed than she usually is. The walk to the office was long and quiet. Students staired as she passed by. She couldn't tell if they had that reaction because if the event that had just happend or if it was the intimidation of the principal.

"Now Ms. Dotson," the principal said, sitting in her chair, facing the unfazed brunette. "You have good grades, your teacher say to participate a lot in their classes, and your past teachers said they never had a problem with you. But why do you always get into fights." She started to pull out a flier a half inch thick, filled to the brim with papers. "Now we e already called home and informed your father of the situation."

"So, I'm suspended?" Jackylen tried to clarify.

"Actually no," the principal said. "Your father said he already as a punishment for you at home so there wouldn't need to be any farther reprimanding. But your father said that since you took his car for school, he can not pick you up. So we called over the chief of police to escort you and your car home."

"The chief of police? Isn't that kind of... I don't know. Extreme?"

"Well from what my understanding is, you have a very interesting juvenilal record. So it's just protocol."

"Protocol?" The girl repeated. "Fuck this shit I'm out of here." As she got her bag, she turned to the door to walk out, but a cop stopped her. By his fancy get up, and his brown uniform, she realized this was the cheif of police the principal was taking about.

"Ms. Dotson this is Jim Hopper our Chief of Police here in Hawkins." Hopper towers over the, still, unfazed teen. Like this had already happend to her before. And it had.

"Let's go Ms. Dotson," Hooper said, opening the door behind him and gesturing her outside.

"Please. Jackylen. We should be on a first name bases. I know we'll be seeing a lot of eachother," Jackylen smirked, as she walked out of the doorway, to the crowd of nosey teens.