Yellow and White Roses |chapter 13|

A few days had passed by. The three teens had no plan and course of action to do about the figure from the picture. Everything was going too fast. Today was the day of Will Byers funeral. Even though it wasn't real. It wasn't like they were burying a real body. Jackylen started to get ready.

Putting on a knee short black dress with an asymmetrical shirt and an illusion off shoulder top. She paired it with some black leather jacket and some black pumps. She put her mid length hair into two low space buns and slapped on some black eye makeup as well. Once she was ready, she heard a honking noise coming from outside.

She headed towards the window and moved the sheer curtains out of the way to see Jonathan's car parked out front. He offered to give her a ride, considering they were going to spend the rest of the day together. She got her things together and headed outside. She hopped into the passenger seat of the car and let out a sigh.

"How's your mom holding up?" Jackylen asked, gazing over at her friend.

"My mom hasn't spoken more than ten words. My dad is being a dick and suspicious as always and... I'm over here keeping this huge secret from them and I have no idea what to do," he explained, shedding a tear while looking at the road.

"We're going to kill this thing," Jackylen reassured him. "Whatever it may be. We're going to find your brother and everything will go back to the way it's supposed to be." He sighed as he glanced at his friend.

"You better be right about this."

"I hope I am. You look nice though."

"You too. The dress is nice."

"You think so? It was the only black dress I own. Matter of fact, it's one of the only dresses I own."

After a while of loud music, jamming out, discussing tragedy plans, they finally arrived at the funeral lot. Everyone took their places, the Byers sitting in the front and everyone else behind him, shortest in the middle of course.

Jackylen stood behind Jonathan, putting a hand on his shoulder as they lowered the casket. The preacher spoke words from the Bible over the sobbs in the crowd. After lowering the wooden box, everyone threw white and yellow roses below.

As Jackylen looked at the hole in the ground filled with the casket and roses. It was sad going to A funeral that wasn't even real. Seeing a casket lowering to the ground, watching people cry over someone who's not even dead. Even if it was real, it was worse that it was a little boy.

Dying so young wasn't a life to have. After everyone went inside for some food, Nancy, Jackylen, and Jonathan stayed outside to talk about their plans.

The teens sat on the ground, leaning their backs against the fence.

"This is where we know for sure it's been right?" Jonathan said, pointing to a red ex on the map.

"So that's..." Nancy trailed off.

"Steve's house. And that's the woods where they found Will's bike and that's my house," he replied, pointing to the two other exes on the map.

"It's all so close," Nancy commented.

"Yeah. Exactly," Jonathan said. "I mean it's all within a mile or something. Whatever this thing is, it's... it's not traveling far." There was a moment of silence.

"You want to go out there," Jackylen said, catching on.

"We might not find anything," Jonathan quickly replied.

"I found something," Jackylen reminded him. "And I pose the question again, what will we do if we see it?" Jonathan sighed.

"We kill it," he blankly replied.

"How?" Nancy said, fixing her position on the ground.

The Byers boy quickly got up from the dirty ground and started to jog as he brushed himself off. The two girls fastly followed the girl, which led them all to a car.

"J, what the hell are you doing?!" Jackylen said, getting a bit worried.

Jonathan proceeded to take out a pocket knife and opened the random car door. Once he got into the passenger side door, he used the pocket knife to try to open up the glove compartment.

"Jackie, just give me a second," Jonathan said. Once the compartment was open, he found a rifle in a packet for bullets, waiting for the taking.

"Are you serious?" Nancy said, in an outrage.

"What?" Jonathan said, a bit offended. "You want to find this thing and take another photo? Yell at it?"

He got out of the car and slammed the door hard, looking at the Wheeler girl and her goodie two shoes following the rules kind of personality. l

"This is a terrible idea," Nancy commented.

"Yeah well it's the best we've got," Jonathan replied, putting the rifle and bullets in his coat. "What? You can tell someone but they're not gonna believe you. Both of you know that."

"Your mom would," Jackylen interjected.

"She's been through enough," Jonathan pointed out, trying to keep calm.

"She deserves to know," Nancy protested.

"Yeah and I'll tell her... when this thing is dead," The boy said. The brunette looked over at the girl with the pink frosted tips.

"I'm sorry Nance... I'm with J on this one. She shouldn't have to worry."

There was a moment of silence flooded through semitray. The wind brushed through each of the teens' hair, the autumn leaves falling on the pavement.

"We should get this plan going before we lose daylight," Jackylen said, breaking the slight howl of the wind.

Jackylen, Jonathan, and Nancy all piled into the car and got dropped off at their respective houses.

As Nancy changed and found a wooden bat in her garage, across the street, Jackylen was cleaning up and getting supplies as well. Of course taking off for make up showing everything.

She wore the same style she always does. Rip blue jeans, white crop top, and black flannel.

Once she walked out, in the statue she was in, she saw Steve in Nancy's garage. As Jackylen walked over, it seemed that Steve had just finished a stupid song he was singing as they were talking about something serious.

As Jackylen stood in the doorway of the garage, she watched as the two teens were talking about Barb. But a sudden rise of anger flowed through her. Seeing them. Together.

"Sorry to interrupt love birds," Jackylen casually said, walking into the garage scarring the two teens.

"Nance, we have to go." She watched as Steve left the garage not making eye contact with Jackylen.

"Dotson..."

"Harrington..." As he left Nancy was a bit confused.

"What the hell was that?"