Bullshit Language |chapter 19|

As the officers uncuffed Jonathan, Joyce, Hopper, Jackylen, and Nancy headed to Hopper's office to explain everything. They showed them the pictures and what they thought the monster could do. Everything that the three teenagers know. Hopper took the picture from Joyce and examined it.

"You say blood draws this thing?" He clarified.

"We don't know," Jonathan said.

"It's just a theory," Nancy followed.

"It's possible though," Jackylen said, leaning on Hopper's desk next to him. He sighed as he looked at Joyce.

"You kids are going to be the breath of me," he muttered, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Jonathan let's talk," Joyce demanded, walking outside. He looked at Nancy as she shrugged and headed out the door, leaving the two teen girls and Hopper.

"What the hell were you two thinking?" Hopper asked, taking a deep breath.

"We were thinking we were going to save our best friend's brother from whatever the fuck that monster was," Jackylen said, glancing up at him.

"Language!"

"Language my ass!" Jackylen blurted out. "We don't know what the hell those things were! We're working in the dark! We should be focusing on that instead of wondering what we are going to do... This could take over Hawkins. And personally I just got here so I like to stick around."

As the room quieted down, the three started to hear yelling from the main portion of the building. Hopper left to see what the commotion was and left the girls alone.

"You didn't have to say that," Nancy smiled, staring down at her shoes.

"Nancy," Jackylen smiled. "I would do anything for you and Jonathan. If you and him were on one train track and I sat there watching, I would push both of you out of the way and not think twice about what would happen to me."

After a few minutes, Hopper came back in and grabbed a few things before signaling to everyone else to follow him. Once they got into his car, he started to drive onto a familiar street to Nancy and Jackylen. The same street they see everyday. As Hopper stopped the car and got out, Nancy's eyes fearfully sparkled.

"We're home..." Nancy mutterd, getting out of the car to talk to Hopper.

"What!?" Jackson said, looking around. Her eyes were set on her house, police cars in front of it. "Holy shit..."

As Joyce, Jackylen, and Jonathan patiently waited in the car, Jackylen's foot started to become jittery. She didn't know why the government was near her house or what they wanted but she knew it wasn't good. Once Nancy and Hopper got back in the car, he got right into business.

"Look," he said to Nancy. "We need to find them before they do. So do you have any idea where he might have gone?"

"No I don't," Nancy defended.

"You need to think."

"I don't know. We haven't talked a lot. I mean, lately..."

"Is there any place that your... parents don't know about that he might go?" Joyce asked, frantically. Everyone could feel the pressure.

"I don't know."

"I might," Jonathan blurted out.

"What?" Jackylen said.

"I don't know where he is but I think I know how to ask him."

"What do we need to do? Where do we need to go?" Hopper asked.

"Home." After what seemed like forever of frantic driving and going over the speed limit, the five made it to the Byers house in a scramble.

As they Byers led the charge, everyone but Nancy ignored the mess. A quick search of Will's room, Joyce found his walkie-talkie, so they can talk to Mike.

"Mike, are you there?" Nancy talked into the machine. "Mike? Mike it's me Nancy. Mike, are you there? Answer. Mike, we need you to answer. This is an emergency Mike. Do you copy?" Everyone sat patiently, waiting for an answer but nothing came from it. Just tussling and silence.

"We need you to answer. We need to know that you're there, Mike." Without a second thought Hopper took the walkie from her.

"Listen kid," Hopper said. "This is the chief. If you're there, pick up. We know you're in trouble and we know about the girl. We can protect you, we can help you, but you gotta pick up. Are you there? Do you copy? Over." With no luck, he sat it on the ledge and sighed. "Anybody for any other ideas?"

"Yeah," the walkie-talkie finally said. "I copy. It's Mike. I'm here. We're here."

"Kid," Hopper said, picking it up as everyone's eyes started to become wider. "Where are you?"

"The old junkyard."

"The old junkyard?"

"It's west," Jackylen said, looking up from her shoes. "It's west of the old train tracks in the woods. The one on-"

"Yeah I know it," he said, shutting down the walkie and heading out the door to find them.

"Are you going alone?"

"Yes! Why would I take you?"

"Because I have a criminal record written all over my fist. Let me help you."

"You can help me by staying here and protecting everyone else." She scoffed.

"Bullshit," she said, under her breath.

"Bullshit my ass," he replied, looking at her up and down.

After hours upon hours, the sun no longer shines and crickets just began to wake up. As the three, Joyce, Nancy, and Jonathan wait on the couch, Jackylen sticks around in front of them. She knew of the kids, but she didn't know what they were like. But still, she cared about those children more than herself.

If anything had happened to those children, she didn't know if she could live with herself. But suddenly, a headlight shined through the window. They all sprung up and headed outside in the cold darkness. Jackylen wrapped her arms around herself, trying to sustain body heat.

"Mike. Oh, my God. Mike!" Nancy said, wrapping her brother in a tight hug that he did not reciprocate. Then she pulled away. "I was so worried about you."

"Yeah, uh... me too," the young boy lied. Then Nancy's eyes drifted to the small group behind them. Specifically the young girl with no hair.

"Is that my dress?" "Come on guys," Jackylen interrupted.

"Let's get you all inside before you freeze to death." As Jackylen led them all inside, they thought about having somewhere warm to stay for the next few minutes. Not in a stuffy car or a broken bus.

After everyone got situated the boys tried to explain what they knew with a red marker and a piece of paper. Which Jackylen didn't quite understand, considering she barely passed sixth grade science and all her classes now.