Jonathan... No Jackylen |chapter 17|

As Jackylen, Jonathan, and Nancy browsed the store, they tried to see what they would need before they made anything permanent. As Nancy was in one aisle with a red hand basket, Jackylen and Jonathan were in another, chatting about everything.

"Stop staring at her," Jackylen whispered, cautious if Nancy was around.

"Am not," Jonathan scoffed, taking a gas container off the shelf.

"Are too," Jackylen mocked.

"Okay stop it," Jonathan said, slightly pushing his friend. As the two walked more, they approached a wall full of swords of any kind. But one caught Jackylen's eye.

It was a solid black case katana with a red leather strapped handle. As she took it off the display, she slightly opened it up to examine it. It was in perfect condition. No scratches, no engravings, nothing. As she looked up at the brun boy, he looked as promised as she was. Things were going to be useful.

"This will do just fine," she smirked, putting it back in the case. As the two walked over to Nancy, the two put everything in the basket that would fit but the katana. Jackylen had her heart set on it and no one was going to touch it.

The three stairied at a bear trap for a while before sharing a neutral nod and bringing everything to the counter. The middle aged man looked at them oddly, trying to piece together what they were going.

"And I'll have four boxes of the .38s," Jonathan told the man.

"And a bottle of beer," Jackylen added. As the man got the boxes of bullets and beer, he stared at the young teens.

"What you kids doin' with all of this?" Jonathan and Nancy exchanged glances but Jackylen knew what to say.

"Monster hunting," she replied with a smile. "It's a hobby of mine."

"Huh," the guy scoffed. "57.84." As Nancy paid with cash, the guy put what he could into cardboard boxes and let the children go.

"'Monster hunting'?" Jonathan laughed.

"Well we are!" Jackylen defended. He lifted the trunk to put the boxes in as Nancy gazed into the distance.

"You know," Nancy began. "Last week... I was shopping for a new top I thought Steve might like. It took me and Barb all weekend. It seemed like life or death, you know? And now-"

"You're shopping for bear traps with Jonathan Byers and Jackylen Dotson," the boy said.

"Yeah..."

"That's the weirdest part? Us or the bear trap?" Jackylen popped open her bottle.

"You guys," Nancy said, quiet confidently. "It's definitely the two of you." As the knocking sound of a car passed by, it slowed down.

"Hey Nance," the boy in the passenger seat said. "Can't wait to see your movie." Laughter erupted front eh car as it drove faster down the non-bussy road.

"What the actual fuck was that?" Jackylen asked, closing the trunk of the car.

"I don't know," her friends replied, looking at the car. Then a thought struck in her head as she turned around and headed into the one direction about her theory.

"What?" Jonathan asked, confused, he looked at the girl then to his friend. Jackylen shrugged as she caught up with Nancy, wanting answers.

"Nance! Nancy!" Jackylen yelled, now running to keep up with her, trying not to spill her beer. Jonathan and Jackyeln yelled for her until they stopped in front of the local movie theature. In regular letters it spelled out, 'All The Right Moves'. Then in red spray paint letters on it, it read, 'Starring Nancy The Slut Wheeler'.

"Holy shit," Jackylen said, under her breath.

"Jesus," Jonathan said, under his. Tears and horror started to fill in the oldest Wheeler's eyes. She started to hear laughing from an ally which she clearly was headed towards.

"Nancy wait," Jonathan shouted following behind his pink haired friend.

"Nance, you don't know what you're doing!" Jackylen shouted, turning the corner to see the scene in front of her. Once she saw Nancy's hand strike over 'King' Steve 'The Hair' Harrington's face, she walked even after to hear what they were saying.

"You don't want to be known as the lying slut now, do you?" Carl mocked, not giving a damn of what they just did.

"Speak of the devil," Tommy smirked. "Hi." He jumped down just in front of Jackylen who was now on Nancy's side, not sure of what was going on. But Nancy did. Jackylen took a sip of beer to try to calm her nerves but it wasn't seeming to help.

"You came by last night?" Nancy asked, infuriated.

"Ding! Ding! Ding!" Carl said, while Tommy wrapped his arm around her, smoking a joint. "Does she get a prize?"

"Shut the hell Carol," Jackylen snarled.

"Look," Nancy said. "I don't know what you think you saw but it wasn't like that."

"What," Steve said, with a blank expression. "You just let him into your room to... study?" Then Jackylen remembered what they were talking about. Did something actually happen?

"Or for another pervy photo session," Tommy snickered.

"Nancy..." Jackylen said quietly, trying to get her to calm down.

"We were just-"

"You were just what?" Steve said, cutting Nancy off. "Finish that sentence." He started to get close. Jackylen started to hold onto the bottle for dear life. Like it was her only way out of the mess. "Finish the sentence." Nancy stayed quiet, fear of aggravating him more. "Go to hell, Nancy."

"Come on," Jonathan said, grabbing the poor girl's arm. "Let's just leave."

"You know what, Byers?" Steve said, slightly following them. Pushing the boy a tad. Jackylen tried to stay away. "I'm actually kind of impressed. I always took you for a queer, but I guess you're just a little screw-up like your father." He kept on pushing him and bad-mouthing every single step.

"Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah, that house is full of screw-ups. You know, I guess I shouldn't really be surprised. A bunch of screw-ups in your family."

"Shut the fuck up Harrington," Jackylen warned him.

"Jonathan, leave it," Nancy ordered.

"I mean your mom... I'm not even surprised what happens to your brother."

"Steve shut up!" Nancy shouted.

"I'm sorry I have to be the one to tell you but they Byers, their family, it's disgrace to the entire-"

"That's it!" Jackylen yelled. Without thinking, she took the last sip of her beer and swung it to the back of Steve's head which made him topple in front of Jonathan, which he took the time to punch his left cheek which sent him flying.

'This is not good,' Jackylen thought. 'What did I do?'