TSÌNG.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

(              the people of the reef              )

SEEKING REFUGE IN a village of the metkayinan people was something that you thought made less sense than leaving your native home of vayaha in the first place.

if the apparent sky people were searching to inflict harm upon your family, more specifically your father, why should you all travel to a biome unfamiliar to your forest-living ways and endanger the unsuspecting citizens of the water?

you were opposed to the leave, and voiced your concerns to your parents, yet were met with the harsh denunciation of your father; "this is what's best for our family."

he seemed to give you that excuse a lot.

so, as the eldest daughter in your group of five children, you shoved down any remnants of opposition that were left circulating through your mind down into the deepest and darkest depths of your ever-raging soul, and set forth for the village of awa-atlu.

the long flight prompted a foreign soreness to spread throughout your lower half as you soared above the waters of pandora, panü letting out punctual shrieks (that of which you couldn't decipher were of warning or excitement) as you would abruptly release your hold and stand on her back, as to reward your backside with much deserved breaks every so often.

it felt as if you and your family were in the air for weeks, and you could feel your concerns of homing with a new tribe grow as the time passed on. the small conversations with your older brother, the teasing jokes toward your younger sisters, and even the petty arguments with your twin did little to take your mind off of things.

eventually, you did your best to shield those worries that were multiplied by a tenfold with the loud and heavy echo of the shriek of a conch shell, and you knew that you had finally arrived in the territory of the metkayina.

sailing through the air, a small smile framed its way up over your lips as you grew entranced by the sights below your flying sidekick. tens of na'vi carried on their lives in the water, the sparkling light blues and turquoises of their skin working to blend them within their environment of the ocean.

animals that you had never before seen splashed through the calm waves, some with metkayina attached to their backs, and some freely coasting through the sea in aim of finding their designated riders.

in tow of your mother and father, you and your siblings slowly descended downwards onto the soft sand of the coast, your ayikran releasing sounds of relief and arrival as their talons made contact with the foreign grounding.