MRR.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

( becoming them )

AFTER TSIREYA SHOWED you to your new designated marui and left you to situate yourselves within your own corner of the village, your father called for a family meeting, setting the expectations of you and your siblings.

tuk cried, kiri sulked, neteyam and lo'ak sat in agreement, and you just stayed silent, knowing that there was no altering any aspect of your situation.

"sullys stick together," you and your brothers chorused, glancing over at kiri, who quietly fiddled with the end of her queue.

"yeah, that's right, sullys stick together," your father echoed with a smile. "now this time, with some feeling."

a small huff pushed past your lips, repeating the phrase once more with a small grin as neteyam slung an arm around your neck, pulling you into his side. "sullys stick together."

𓆝 𓆛 𓆞

the water bubbled as you watched tsireya, aonung, and rotxo travel through its clear body, leaving you and your siblings to jump in after them and skittishly tail along.

you sucked in a deep breath, closing your eyes and exhaling sharply to prepare for the slap of the sea's surface against your skin.

"come on!" neteyam ushered, hitting lo'ak's shoulder as he rushed forward and sprung off of the netting, hitting the ocean with a splat as your twin landed right next to him.

another harsh exhale left your lips as you shook your head and looked out toward the horizon. "here goes nothing."

bolting across the flooring, you pushed yourself off of the edge, gaining some height over the water before you felt yourself falling, submerging underneath the surface with a soft splash.

opening your eyes, you were met with the scene of tens of hundreds of small fish and other sorts of creatures swimming right past you, the coral and plants surrounding you creating an underwater forest of sorts.

everything was alive, from the little specs of rock settling on the bottom of the ocean floor to the sea vines reaching out and brushing against your limbs as you swam past. a smile found its way over your lips as you spun, observing the life around you carry on from every angle.

noticing your siblings and guides proceed through the water, you tried your best to follow suit, spreading out your arms and legs in an effort to cut through the liquid as quickly as you could.