VOFU.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

( proclamation through the heart )

UNENTHUSIASTICALLY TRAILING BEHIND your reef friends and the leaders of awa'atlu, you shot a quick glare toward ronal as she walked behind your brother and forcefully ushered him forward.

with furious stomps, she entered the marui the five of you had stopped in with her husband, her gaze fiercely drifting between her two children.

"you allowed this!" the tsahìk accused, gesturing toward your twin brother with a webbed arm. "you allowed him to bond with the outcast!"

tsireya's breathing had picked up from your side, her eyes glossing over with the unfamiliar liquid of tears as you looked over at her with brows furrowed in worry. fighting against the want to hurry to her side and brush your thumbs across her under eyes, you directed your gaze back toward tonowari.

"tsireya," the leader spoke sharply, eliciting a sharp inhale from his child as she flinched backwards. "you disappoint me, daughter."

biting back a defensive retort out of forced respect for the olo'eyktan, you eyed tonowari harshly, glancing between your brothers as the sounds of hurried footsteps grew close behind you.

"and you," the metkayina continued, his eyes trailing over to rest on lo'ak with a glare, "son of a great warrior, who has been taught better."

"payakan saved my life, sir," your twin asserted. "you don't know him."

"skxawng," you muttered, your eyes moving to shut in a curt frustration as the man before you pointed a finger toward the floor of the tent.

"sit," he ordered, dropping onto a knee just as your brother did the same. "sit."

his gaze traveled around the rest of you, his eyebrows furrowing into a strong glare. "sit down!"

quickly moving to kneel on the ground, you glanced at tsireya's tearful features, watching with sympathetic eyes as she seemed to hold herself back from releasing a sob.

with a fierce intake of breath, tonowari bestowed the story of the tulkun way upon you and your brothers, meeting lo'ak's eyes as he finished off with his previous point that the five of you could no longer bring yourselves to believe in.

"i'm sorry, sir," your brother spoke once more. "but you're wrong."

"lo'ak!" your mother spat from behind all of you. "you speak to olo'eyktan!"