VOLÁW.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

( remedies of a tsakarem )

TRUDGING ALONG THROUGH the sand seemed to be all you could manage to do that afternoon, having given up on waiting at the water for your brother to return from his unauthorized hunting trip.

part of you wished you had gone after him, not allowed him not to head outside the reef with teenagers you had been tossing to the sand just hours ago. the same sense of dread resided in your stomach, seemingly growing larger as the minutes carried on.

no matter how much you contemplated heading off and looking for lo'ak, you knew it would only bring more harm than it would good.

tearing your gaze from the waves that gently rose and fell underneath the soles of your feet, you looked toward a particularly illuminated section of atoll near the edge of the beach.

slightly narrowing your eyes to get a better look, you began to make your way toward the bright area, hearing the distant sounds of conversation coming from within a shielded marui.

you quietly stalked forward, slowing your movement as the voices in the dwelling became louder with the shortening distance.

"ngenga tìkin ne'spaw po tìkangkem."

you furrowed your eyebrows at the words coming from a voice that struck a cord of familiarity within you, pressing your back up against the woven material on the outside of the hut.

"you need to believe in the connection, or else you will be met with the outcome of nothingness," the same voice finished off, drifting away toward a farther part of the tent.

assuming you were catching onto a conversation that wasn't meant to have listeners, you decided that you should probably make your way back to your own dwelling, until a voice that you could identify from miles away suddenly took part in the discussion.

"oe'lu fmi oeyä txaʼ, saʼnok," the soft wording of a certain daughter of the clan leaders promised, the sounds of objects being fiddled with meeting your ears as more footsteps came from inside the hut.

"tseyä ke txaʼ nìtam," who you could now pinpoint as ronal replied sharply, prompting a frown of slight irritation to cast over your features before the woman released a sigh. "to become tsahìk, you must learn to establish the connection and distribute it through our way of living."