VOSÌNG.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

( what once was )

THE COMMOTION SURROUNDING the sully family marui quickly dwindled down in size as word of kiri's awakening had been spread throughout the village.

metkayina had resumed their previous daily tasks once they caught sight of toruk makto's now-safe daughter, conscious and well as the seven of you spent the rest of the morning tidying up your cluttered home.

tending to your younger sister in an effort to comfort her after her rough experience, you occupied yourself with redoing the delicate braids in her hair that had grown ruffled from the "excitement" of the morning.

"are you feeling better?" you questioned from your spot on a small bench in your marui, the words uncomfortably leaving your mouth muffled due to kiri's hair band clenched between your teeth.

"when am i ever feeling anything other than irritation?" she quietly retorted, uninterestedly fiddling with the edge of her loincloth as she sat in front of you, your knees on either side of her.

an eye-roll weaved its way across your features at her response, a disgruntled yelp bubbling past the younger girl's lips as you tugged lightly on the braid between your fingers. "do not give me that moody teenager crap, tsumke."

kiri sighed as her eyes molded into a still glare, glancing back over at you before focusing on her lap once more to twist the material in her fingers around her nails. "i am feeling better than i was, that is for sure."

taking the girl's tie from your teeth, you fastened it tightly around the end of the hair strains you had tucked together and placed your hands over her shoulders, leaning past them to meet her distantly weary gaze. "i am happy to hear that."

rolling her eyes at your actions, she softly batted your hands away from her torso, mumbling out what seemed like a thankful sentiment before pushing herself up off of the ground to presumably find a place to rest.

you smiled, watching your sister carry on before you felt someone replace kiri's presence beside you. glancing over at the person who had decided accompany you on your bench, you held back a sigh at the sight of your mother's knowing stare.

the woman gestured toward the outside of your marui as you looked up at her, your eyes wandering to land on the busied figure of your father situated on the outer deck of the tent, occupied with rolling up one of the rugs ronal had used during her ritual. your eyes fell to the ground with a set shake of your head, your elbows coming to rest over your knees.