VOMRR.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

(              sacred arrivals             )

YOU DIDN'T REMEMBER when tsireya had managed to usher you onto the back of her ilu and guide you along through the clear waters of awa'atlu, but as you basked in the feeling of her hand situated comfortably over your knee, you really could not give an ikran's txìm about it.

after you slowly tore your dazed eyes away from the palm resting against your skin that was set to secure you on the sea animal, your gazed trailed over toward the sights floating in the water around you.

tens upon tens of metkayina coasted through the ocean on their own reef companions, toothy smiles and eager stares glossed across their features as they hurried towards the sight of their beloved tulkun.

the daughter of the village leaders had given you some previous insight on the sacred creatures prior to their arrival, informing you on their significance and spiritualistic connection with the reef people.

the stories you heard from villagers amazed you, especially the ones told from your certain light-eyed friend.

"i cannot wait until you meet my soul sister." she giggled a past morning after a breathing lesson, her hands moving to excitedly grip your own as you followed behind her on a placid walk across the coast. "she will take to you quickly, i know it."

you smiled, returning the sentiment with just as much eagerness to ensure the girl's happiness, and continued to look forward to the then-distant meeting. even with tsireya's obvious excitement, you still felt the bother of another feeling pooling at the edge of your stomach as you grew closer toward the grouping of tulkun.

"are you sure she will?" you questioned those few days ago, your lower lip coming to sandwich between your teeth. "i can't help but think."

tsireya paused her enthusiastic skips to stand still in front of you, her slightly shorter figure staring up at you with eyes curved in concern. "what do you mean?"

a small sigh pushed past your lips and you avoided the reef girl's eyes, glancing down at the sand below you to fidget with the band fastened around your wrist that your youngest sister had weaved together for you with sea grass and shells.

"i am not of your kind," you explained, twisting the material of the bracelet around your uncommon sky people fingers. "... in more ways than one"